"Moving" to DFW or Shreveport possibilities?

smackman1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
north louisiana
How far does the Dallas spotbeam go into Louisiana? I live in Linville,Louisiana zip code 71260. Thats in "Way" North Louisiana 30 miles north above Monroe Louisiana.

I am a Dish Subscriber and I would like to "move" to a Market where there locals are in HD.

Monroe is my current locals and I have never read anything about Dish going HD with Monroe, Louisiana Locals.

Maybe when Shreveport gets Locals in HD I will be in that spotbeam to be able to "move"?

Where is the most updated spotbeam map that shows the spotbeams for locals in HD in my area or residence?

Thanks in advance

The List

How far does the Dallas spotbeam go into Louisiana? I live in Linville,Louisiana zip code 71260. Thats in "Way" North Louisiana 30 miles north above Monroe Louisiana.

I am a Dish Subscriber and I would like to "move" to a Market where there locals are in HD.

Monroe is my current locals and I have never read anything about Dish going HD with Monroe, Louisiana Locals.

Maybe when Shreveport gets Locals in HD I will be in that spotbeam to be able to "move"?

Where is the most updated spotbeam map that shows the spotbeams for locals in HD in my area or residence?

Thanks in advance

The spotbeams are on the the List Subscriber for the E* sats. Not sure that Dallas will make it but here is a spotbeam map of 110 for the Dallas one. SatelliteGuys.US - Subscription 110°W

Those are spotbeam numbers not transponders. Click on those links and scroll down. You will see the transponders in each spotbeam. Check your signals on the transponders in those two beams and report back.

Those are spotbeam numbers not transponders. Click on those links and scroll down. You will see the transponders in each spotbeam. Check your signals on the transponders in those two beams and report back.

All signals "LOCK IN"

Transponder 3 Ft. Smith, AR 52%

Transponder 9 Baton Rouge LA 23%

Transponder 14 Nashville, TN 47%

Transponder 16 Memphis, TN 32%

All signals "LOCK IN"

Transponder 3 Ft. Smith, AR 52%

Transponder 9 Baton Rouge LA 23%

Transponder 14 Nashville, TN 47%

Transponder 16 Memphis, TN 32%

I'm surprised BR is only 23%, I figured Baton Rouge and Lafayette would be the strongest.

When you say lock in make sure it says locked...in green...and the word above the transponder number changes from transponder to spotbeam.

If so, I'd pick Ft Smith or Nashville. Do you have any SD receivers?

I'm surprised BR is only 23%, I figured Baton Rouge and Lafayette would be the strongest.

When you say lock in make sure it says locked...in green...and the word above the transponder number changes from transponder to spotbeam.

If so, I'd pick Ft Smith or Nashville. Do you have any SD receivers?

Only one Receiver VIP 722

All locked and green and spotbeam in place of Transponder.

Ft. Smith does not show a Fox Network? (Also Damn Hog Country LOL)

Baton Rouge would be my 1st choice (Big LSU Fan and Saint fan)

I am assuming Baton Rouge would be a gamble at 23% especially on a cloudy/rainy night.
I have 2 dishes; one is specifically for 129 the other super dish for 110,119.

Only one Receiver VIP 722

All locked and green and spotbeam in place of Transponder.

Ft. Smith does not show a Fox Network? (Also Damn Hog Country LOL)

Baton Rouge would be my 1st choice (Big LSU Fan and Saint fan)

I am assuming Baton Rouge would be a gamble at 23% especially on a cloudy/rainy night.
I have 2 dishes; one is specifically for 129 the other super dish for 110,119.

23% isn't that great. Although I did it for a bit with not many issues. What kind of signal are you getting on transponder 20 and 21 on 129? You can go with a bigger dish for 129 if you really want BR to be stable.

For some reason, the FCC has both KFTA and KNWA listed as NBC, they are sister stations but one is FOX and one is NBC. I'll correct them. (Fixed now)

23% isn't that great. Although I did it for a bit with not many issues. What kind of signal are you getting on transponder 20 and 21 on 129? You can go with a bigger dish for 129 if you really want BR to be stable.

For some reason, the FCC has both KFTA and KNWA listed as NBC, they are sister stations but one is FOX and one is NBC. I'll correct them. (Fixed now)

Transponder 20 65%
Transponder 21 80%

What are these two Transponders? Neither change to spotbeam

No bigger Dish; Wife would divorce me after 32 years LOL

Just seeing how well your dish was pointed....those are national HD transponders.

For reference... I'm in the Baton Rouge DMA and I get 38%. But I also only get 59% on 20 and 63% on 21 with a Dish300.

So it looks like you Dish is already tweaked. The wife wouldn't notice a dish a few inches bigger ;) ;)

Roll with the Baton Rouge locals and see how it works out for you... takes 5 minutes to move.

Looking at the FCC maps it looks like you have a few options of OTA locals too.

The Digital TV Transition: Reception Maps

Yes, I was going to move and ended up putting an amplified antenna in the attic and getting dish to swap me over to 722(K)'s. I bought the two OTA modules and get the entire Monroe-El Dorado DMA in HD with full guide data. Plus, when I record HD, it doesn't use a satellite tuner.

I would definitely look at putting up an antenna for the locals.

Looking at the FCC maps it looks like you have a few options of OTA locals too.

The Digital TV Transition: Reception Maps

I actually have a CM 4228 with a CM 3041D pre-amp. I recieve all my locals affilliates (ABC,CBS,NBC,FOX) in HD without issue. I have had this setup for 3 years.

I am a greedy individual.:shocked

I want my cake and Ice Cream. I want HD programming off the Dish and off my Antenna.

Where is the ABC Affilliate in Baton Rouge Area? I noticed no ABC Station listed for Baton Rouge Area.

I know the feeling....recording 3 HD networks at one time is awesome.

It is there...go back and click on the link for the BR spotbeam. Dish has not updated their website yet but WBRZ came back to Dish last week.

Baton Rouge, I have arrived!

Well, I have successfully moved to my state capital of Baton Rouge, Home of this years 2010 1A College Footballs National Champions

LSU FIGHTING TIGERS
GEAUX TIGERS.

p.s. I had a little trouble because the first CSR was a idiot but the next one was easy to work with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)