Moving to Vancouver Canada

pederb

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 2, 2004
Oakland, CA
I might have to move from LA to Vancouver, how is the dish coverage up there? Can you get US HD channels via OTA?

I live on Canadian border in upstate NY, so am not familar with Vancouver. I know star choice and Bell both Canadian DBS providers have a lot of US stations, but not sure they are in HD. check out this Canadian forum. Vancouver I think is too far from Seattle to pick them up, but you might get Bellingham, but I think there is only one station there.
Check out this Canadian forum for info.
http://www.digitalhomecanada.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=81

Well I was more in the line of taking my dish eq with me and use the OTA in put on the 942. Is there any OTA HD broadcasts in Vancouver at all?

As of right now, CTV9 is transmitting HD on channel 33 - with very miniscule power. The CBC and Global have construction permits. While there has been no official word I expect the CBC will start their digital service in time for the Winter Olympics.

Click here for a listing of all Vancouver and Seattle market DTVs and their current status.

If you want to take your dish equipment with you then you can, but you will need to have a billing address in the states in order to continue to use it legaly so to speak. Canadian sat viewers here in the states have the same issue, do a search for "brokers" and you will find the apropriate thread to get an idea.

I live in Vancouver,B.C. and have a DN sub, thru a local broker, the signal is fine up here.
And yes you will need to keep a US mailing address then you wont need a broker.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)