Moving, transfer or new sub

Status
Please reply by conversation.

qcjoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
Ohio
We found out we have to move. My wife wants to keep the genie we have now because of the recordings. We also have to add three clients to the account. I told her that having a new account would be better money wise, but shes not sure that she would get a account because of credit. If you are moving and are about done with your contract will they give you a decent discount? Were kinda of caught in the middle of what is cheaper and what is going to be easier. We have to move in to help take care of her grandmother and she is not easy to deal with. She has a older DTV account and we have to get that disconnected as well. My mind is spinning lol.

It never hurts to ask. I have seen movers come thru where they have had the genie for less than a year and all they pay is the $20 "delivery and handling". These are usually long time customers. The easiest thing would just to be to call the movers group and ask what they can offer. You can always tell them you need to think about it and call to set up a new account under wife's name and if you can't get a good deal in her name call movers back.

Unfortunately they usually won't give any sort of credit for having existing equipment (dish and cabling) at Grandmas and depending how old it is some of it may have to be replaced to accommodate the genie.

Maybe this isn't an option but what about upgrading Grandmas equipment on her account?

It never hurts to ask. I have seen movers come thru where they have had the genie for less than a year and all they pay is the $20 "delivery and handling". These are usually long time customers. The easiest thing would just to be to call the movers group and ask what they can offer. You can always tell them you need to think about it and call to set up a new account under wife's name and if you can't get a good deal in her name call movers back.

Unfortunately they usually won't give any sort of credit for having existing equipment (dish and cabling) at Grandmas and depending how old it is some of it may have to be replaced to accommodate the genie.

Maybe this isn't an option but what about upgrading Grandmas equipment on her account?
She is just out of her two year contract and had the older genie. The only issue is they didnt have it set up right for whole house dvr for what ever reason. With that being said shes also paying regular rate.

She is just out of her two year contract and had the older genie. The only issue is they didnt have it set up right for whole house dvr for what ever reason. With that being said shes also paying regular rate.

Ok ya, bring your HR44 if you can. Whole home is an automatic with the genie but maybe missing receiver DECAs? Either way I would call movers and see what kind of offer they can give you for moving your existing account, you might be surprised. I would guess best case scenario free install and new 2 year contract but only they could tell you for sure.

Ok ya, bring your HR44 if you can. Whole home is an automatic with the genie but maybe missing receiver DECAs? Either way I would call movers and see what kind of offer they can give you for moving your existing account, you might be surprised. I would guess best case scenario free install and new 2 year contract but only they could tell you for sure.
I found the movers number. Im going to call and see what they can do.

So I called the movers number. They asked for the address but I didnt have it to give them. I let them know I was just trying to get some basic info. I let her know that the house was already set up for DTV. I was just wondering about canceling or doing a move and that my contract is up in Nov and thats when Im moving as well. She said she didnt know about any monthly credits and that since its already set up for me to just bring my equipment with me and set it up there. Then I could do a equipment upgrade. She then sent me to retention to check about monthly credits. This girl said for me to do the move any way because that normally will open up equipment discounts and programming discounts. I cant tell who had the right info.

I didn't even think about that, I guess you would be able to just move your equipment, update the address and do an upgrade to add 3 receivers because she would already have everything needed if she has a genie. Just make sure you disconnect her genie from the system before connecting yours. A normal system can only handle 8 tuners and each genie has 5.

Retention has much more ability to give credits than regular customer service if you were looking for that.

I went ahead and did the transfer. He told me three clients plus the genie would be eighty bucks for a year. I got his name and the order number just in case.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)