Moving TV from room A to B

ute80

Original poster
Feb 14, 2011
memphis
I got Dish Network with two tvs hooked up with a single receiver/DVR box. I want to change the location of second tv from room A to B. I attempted by simply moveing the tv and plugging in the coaxial cable from the port in room B. The signal/reception is there but not at all clear. Here are my two questions:

The remote was working (but not regularly) in room B. Is their any way I can do anything to officaly move the tv with remote working nicely

What to do to improve the reception? Is their any way I can check the line running down?

Any help would be appreciated.

More info from you is needed here, What exactly are you trying to do? I assume you have an HD receiver if so what model if you connect to TV2 output it will be SD and not look nearly as good as full HD. What type of TV are they HD sets or SD how are they hooked up?
If you provide a more detailed description we can help you more.

I had a similar issue and it was a bad cable from the back of the cable wall jack down to the splitter in the basement. I ran a new cable (since it was outside the house) and all is well. I also had remote issues and it really depends which direction I'm pointing the remote in - it's just a distance thing on the UHF remote in my case. You could get the TV2-IR adapter and solve the problem that way, since that sends the signal back over the coax to the receiver.

You mentioned that you want to move the location of your TV2. We want to first make sure that all those connections are tight. Access "Modulator Setup" from TV1 by pressing menu 6-1-5. Tune TV2 to the channel that appears under "TV2 Out" on screen. If still a distorted picture, verify the mode (air or cable) that TV2 is on. Then change the modulator setup to match this mode (air or cable). After changing modulator setup, tune TV2 to the channel that appears under "TV2 Out" on screen. If there is a Component (VCR, DVD Player, etc) connected between the receiver and TV, tune the component to the channel matching "TV2 Out" on screen and then change the channel of the TV to channel 3, 4, or right input. If we are still getting that distorted picture reset the receiver but unplugging it for 10 seconds then plugging it back in.

To improve the remote's operation you may need to move the UHF antenna away from the back of the DVR. That's what I had to do. I connected some coax to the antenna connection on the dvr and then using a f/f connector attached the antenna to the coax. It's now in a bookshelf about 5 ft from my 722 and works perfectly.

You mentioned a single receiver dvr. Is it a single tuner or dual tuner? You also said you plugged in to the port in room B. Is that port hooked up to the same coax as room A? If it is, where is the splitter? It may have a loose connection.

In my set up, I also have super basic cable running to TV2. I use an A/B switch to switch between Dish and cable. Since the TV is setup for cable rather than OTA, I receive the signal from my DVR on 116 even though the Modulator says 60.

In my set up, I also have super basic cable running to TV2. I use an A/B switch to switch between Dish and cable. Since the TV is setup for cable rather than OTA, I receive the signal from my DVR on 116 even though the Modulator says 60.
Why not set the Modulator to "Cable" and have the TV receive the signal on whatever cable channel you desire?

I had the same problem and had to go to the service centre for that. After wasting two days, they have not found any problem with the device but finally I discovered that the problem was with the cable. So, please check the cable and the battery of the remote as well. Remote should be work if the battery is ok. I don't find any credible reason for the remote control.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)