Moving TV to new room - Help

BCurrey

Mar 16, 2007
This is a bit confusing, but I’ll try to explain this as best as I can. I have a new TV and wang to rearrange the TV’s in my home.

This is the current setup in my house that was completed by the Dish Network tech:

Room #1 has a TV hooked up to a SD DVR box.
Room #2 has nothing. This is the living room, so it does have a cable line running to it.
Room #3 has a TV that is hooked up to the satellite. No box is in this room as it runs off the box in Room #1.

My intentions are:

Room #1: Putting the new TV here. Taking out the SD DVR box and putting it in room #2 so I can free up some space. I would like for this TV to operate as Room #3 is currently and work off the box downstairs.
Room #2: Moving the TV that was in Room #1 to this one. Want to move the SD DVR box here.
Room #3: Getting rid of the TV in this room. No service will be in here.

How do I go about doing this? Dish network let on like I was starting some massive engineering project. It can’t be that difficult. They tried to say that the tech put a splitter or something under my house or in my attic. That’s not true. I followed the guy around. I know he didn’t get in my attic or under my house. The only spot that can have a splitter is out around the satellite. Can some one help me?

All the info you need are in the documents at http://www.solidsignal.tv/dishpro_installation.asp

It would be kind of hard for someone to give you an answer without knowing how your home distribution/cabling is done, and your equipment connected. The only info you provided is that you have a SD DVR; but no mention of what model, a dish, dishes, switch, DP Separator, diplexers, cable TV and/or Over-the-Air TV, and etc....

The link has wiring diagrams that should help you in deciding if your wiring is okay, and help you determine what changes you may need to make.

If you have 2 lines going to the Sat receiver, you will need 2 lines to the new location.

The best option may be to leave the receiver where it's at, and then somehow it is feeding Room 3; but it is possible that it is feeding Room 2 right now. If not, it shouldn't be two hard to get the current setup to feed your whole house.

Tried again

All the info you need are in the documents at http://www.solidsignal.tv/dishpro_installation.asp

It would be kind of hard for someone to give you an answer without knowing how your home distribution/cabling is done, and your equipment connected. The only info you provided is that you have a SD DVR; but no mention of what model, a dish, dishes, switch, DP Separator, diplexers, cable TV and/or Over-the-Air TV, and etc....

The link has wiring diagrams that should help you in deciding if your wiring is okay, and help you determine what changes you may need to make.

If you have 2 lines going to the Sat receiver, you will need 2 lines to the new location.

The best option may be to leave the receiver where it's at, and then somehow it is feeding Room 3; but it is possible that it is feeding Room 2 right now. If not, it shouldn't be two hard to get the current setup to feed your whole house.

I have the DVR 625 Dual Output reciever and 1 dish. I don't understand the other parts that you mentioned. Where the cable comes into the house to the reciever, I see that it splits twice. The first time, the line separates...one goes to Channel Output (Channels 22-69) (This is the second TV, as it is on channel 22) and then another splitter that goes to Sat 1 & 2 on the back of the box.

I agree with you that it would be best to leave the reciever where it's at. However, I hooked my other TV up in room 2, turned it to channel 22 and nothing happened. So no, it's not picking up the signal.

I don't understand how the system knows to only run Sat #2 to the back bedroom. The downstairs was wired for cable and had a cable connection for the past 6 years. The upstairs was just recently wired and a connection ran straight to the box outside. When I go outside and look, I can see where the satellite is feeding the upstairs and downstairs because there's a splitter there as well.

The TV in the back bedroom is connected via coaxial cable just as it was when we had Comcast. I know the tech's did nothing to my wiring under the house or in my attic because neither were accessible.

Hopefully my descriptions are a little better this time. Thanksf or your help!!

Brandon

I don't understand how the system knows to only run Sat #2 to the back bedroom...

Brandon

It doesn't... it will drive whatever TV is physically connected to the output. Right now the TV in the back bedroom is the one connected to the TV2 output on your 625. If you want it to drive the TV in another room, it is just a matter of tracing the line from this room back to where your distribution is and then swapping the connections so that the TV2 output goes out to that TV

It doesn't... it will drive whatever TV is physically connected to the output. Right now the TV in the back bedroom is the one connected to the TV2 output on your 625. If you want it to drive the TV in another room, it is just a matter of tracing the line from this room back to where your distribution is and then swapping the connections so that the TV2 output goes out to that TV

So would this be something that is on the back of the box that I need to change? One of the splitters I assume?

Sorry...I'm struggling with this. First time I've ever dealt with all this. Thanks!

No, not really. You will need to first identify which cable is going to which room. Once you identify the cable going from the distribution point to the back bedroom, you disconnect that from wherever it is connected to the output of the 625. Then you connect the cable going to Room #2 to the output and you should be all set to go. You may need to buy a simple device to identify which cable goes where

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts