Moving VIP222K to the TV2 room, making it TV1 (have diagram)?

pcm2a

Original poster
Dec 12, 2010
Nashville, Tn
So I have a VIP222K that provides tv1 to the TV in the same room and tv2 in another room. I want to move the VIP222K into that other room, seems super easy....

I went out to the box on the side of the house where I have two cables coming from my Satellite, connected to two DPD2 Sat/VHF splitter things. One of them is feeding my downstairs VIP722, I left this one alone.

The other DPD2 has a VHF and Sat line coming out of it. the VHF line goes upstairs to my TV2 room and the Sat line goes to the room with the VIP222K.

I reversed these two out at the box. Next I moved the VIP222K and all the junk behind it to the TV2 room.

No matter how long it sits, it never picks up any satellites.

I am attaching a diagram of what it looks like before I changed anything:
- I have reversed the connections at DPD2 labeled ITEM 1
- I have moved the receiver and all the junk labeled at (and below) ITEM 2

Any tips on what simple mistake i've made will be great!

hw9c_8f8_u7uml.jpg

you almost have it on item a the one that is sat needs to be conected to the dish and the other side if the diplexer with one conection needs to go to the room with the 222 . item b looks spot on.

Even though item A is wired wrong, it should still allow sat signal thru, but you probably don't have any picture on TV2

Even though item A is wired wrong, it should still allow sat signal thru, but you probably don't have any picture on TV2

Yeah, but it's still wired wrong. All you need to is having the single side of the diplexer that says IN/OUT go to where you want the 222. The port labeled sat should be connected to a line coming from ur dish.

Yeah you are 100% correct about that being wired wrong and thanks SO much for pointing that out. I just assumed that the one coming in was the dish and the two going out were for the IRD and the TV2. I swapped the one going into the DPD2 and the Sat line and everything worked perfect.

Thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts