"moving" with Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dfecarter

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 14, 2006
Connecticut
I know with Directv, it wasn't particularly tricky to call up and inform CS that I had "moved" and change your service address - thus getting locals for area you've "moved" to. Is the same typically the case with DIsh? That is to inform them that I've moved and reinstalled the equipment on my own and then ask that my locals be updated on my acct. Realizing naturally that you have to keep spotbeams in mind.
Thanks!

Yes, its pretty easy. A simple phone call should do the trick. If they ask about installing the equipment just tell them its all hooked up and ready to go.

It is very easy to do. In fact, with dish, you can even do it through online chat from their website.

I had one that refused to do it unless it was inspected by a Dish rep, just a few months ago. Not sure what that was all about?

In cases like that, simply hang up and call back. Odd though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

there have been on cases here where Dish sends mail or an item (Roku at the time) to the physical which doesnt exist and it comes back "no address found" so then they moved the person back home (to say the billing address if they can) and red flagged their account

I had my Roku sent to my service address even though I requested it be sent to my billing address. So my parents call me and ask what is this package that was sent to me at their address. :)

I had my Roku sent to my service address even though I requested it be sent to my billing address. So my parents call me and ask what is this package that was sent to me at their address. :)

that fine if the address exists. But for ones where it doesnt truly exist that opens the can of worms

that fine if the address exists. But for ones where it doesnt truly exist that opens the can of worms

That's true, had that issue with directv before I swapped. Obviously not their fault, but I learned to be more clear about things.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

That was my point. It's safer to use an address of someone you know and trust, if at all possible.

I've been a "mover" for over 10 years and I have had a few hicups here and there over ship it to my billing address rather than my service address. It usually gets returned if there is no one at my service address. Because it is a business address. So I just re call them and Stress it to them to get it sent to my BILLING address and the second one goes there. The only other option was to "move"home to get them to send it to my real address. I use the online chat now for any moves and it works like a charm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)