"Moving" with locals OTA

UNOmar

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Omaha, NE
I'm considering a "move" to Norway, MI to get within the Detroit Redwings coverage area and remain in the CST. I currently get my locals OTA, but I'm also tired of manual timers. If I subscribed to the locals after "moving" would I still receive the guide info for my OTA locals? I realize that mid-day stuff might be wrong and it would probably show the wrong football game info on weekends, but Primetime stuff would display properly, right?

Thanks,

UNOmar

I guess I have another question. If I were to move to Detroit instead of Norway, MI I would switch to the Eastern time zone, but would have many more local tv options which would be nice since using the OTA I can only record one at a time (unless I upgrade to the 722k). Aside from the time being an hour ahead would I encounter any other issues? I can deal with the clock being off to have an HD locals feed.

-UNOmar

*bump*

Question remains. "Moving" from CST to EST will there be any adverse effects other than the clock on the DVR being wrong?

*bump*

Question remains. "Moving" from CST to EST will there be any adverse effects other than the clock on the DVR being wrong?
Assuming you are in the spotbeam for detroit, I dont see why there would be any other problems

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)