mpaa.org site not very effective

Status
Not open for further replies.

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
While going through craigslist when I should be sleeping but cant I came across a guy selling bootlegs of movies currently out in theaters such as 1408 and transformers so I decided to send the posting to mpaa but the site has server errors with the submit process as well as a link that should take you to the page to report piracy. I came across a guy not to long ago selling bootlegs at the local flea market so Im going to head back there to see if he is still doing it and if so turn him in also but it looks like both will have to be called in.

MPAA and RIAA are both huge bueuracratic red tape machines that don't do exactly what they should be doing and instead are opting to sue a bunch of nameless college kids and 13 year olds that download songs and movies and don't know enough to stand up and fight back... if the guys you are reporting about are half way smart, by the time an investigation happens all that evidence is going to be long gone.

MPAA and RIAA are both huge bueuracratic red tape machines that don't do exactly what they should be doing and instead are opting to sue a bunch of nameless college kids and 13 year olds that download songs and movies and don't know enough to stand up and fight back... if the guys you are reporting about are half way smart, by the time an investigation happens all that evidence is going to be long gone.

:up:up:up

Im not so old that I cant remember highschool and the things that my classmates were doing. An ex girlfriend would buy music tapes from a store and make copies then return the tapes for a refund, alot of my friends would make sample casettes of various music and these would get passed around. I imagine that if cd burners had been available back in the 80's then sample cd's and copies would have been floating around everywhere to. But I do also remember a few kids that were actively selling copied music just like the kid who is selling the theater copied dvds down at the flea market here every weekend but he's small potatoes compared to the info I got lastnight about an industry person thats selling actual dvd's that are not ready for release yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)