Mpls/St Paul Locals reception problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Joewee

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 9, 2005
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
I am having a problem receiving channel 45 of the mpls st.paul locals. It keeps going to the searching for satellite signal thing. It will show picture for a few seconds and then does it again. I am trying to watch the MN high school hockey tournament. I receive the other MPLS channels fine. Is it because I live on the outskirts of the spot beam in Elk Mound, WI. (between eau claire and menomonie)? Do I need to change my transponder number? any help here would be appreciated. Thank you.

BTW: I have a dish 1000 and a vip 622 receiver.

Last edited:
Channel 45 is on the 110 bird transponder #4. Thats a spotbeam so if you're not in the right spot you may not get a good signal on it.

I'm right in the sweet spot and with my Dish1000 antenna I get a signal strength of 85 on that.

Do menu, 6, 1, 1 when tuned to ch45. What's your signal strength?

all the Mpls locals are on 110 TP4 so if one craps out they all would

it is possible there is an issue at the uplink. I'm watching the HS tourney on KBJR (Duluth NBC) and the picture keeps cutting in and out

No problem here except ch 45 looks so crappy along with 29 that i never watch. Why can channel 4-5-9-11 look so good even in sd and the others so terrible. What is the problem with dish?

No problem here except ch 45 looks so crappy along with 29 that i never watch. Why can channel 4-5-9-11 look so good even in sd and the others so terrible. What is the problem with dish?

Those are UHF channels, so perhaps their UHF antenna isn't getting a strong signal at their uplink site? Send an email into dishquality and see what they say.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)