MRV and 1080p - no audio

clint501

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
Got the latest CE and have enjoyed getting MRV back to my H21. Works fine networked with my HR21. All seems to be working well except for no audio on a 1080P VOD I ordered. I can watch it fine on the HR21 hooked to my Panasonic plasma - good audio. When I tried to watch it on the H21 hooked to my Sony KDS55A2000, I get a good picture but no audio. The Sony apparently doesn't like the DirecTV's 1080p/24. I think the Sony can play a 1080p/60 (or do I have it reversed??). As I watch the movie I see the stb is showing it as a 1080i (by the blue lights). Has anyone else experienced no audio on 1080p movies? I tried different audio settings on the stb but nothing seems to get the sound. My first guess would be that 1080p audio is not being transmitted over the cat5e cable used to network the H21.:confused:

Update
I guess they don't call it beta for nothing. I stumbled on to a fix. I start the 1080p VOD and get no sound. I then press the "Previous" button going back to the channel I was watching and get sound for that channel. I press the "Previous" button again and it goes back to the 1080P VOD and I have sound. Restarting the VOD had no effect but pressing the "Previous" button somehaow activates the sound.

Last edited:
I had the intermittant MRV audio with CE38c but not with CE38e and most other CEs with MRV.

I sometimes see the audio loss after a reboot or network maintenence. In that case, running network services test on the server will usually clear it up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts