MRV CE Question

yawn9

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2008
Hey guys,

I'll preface this by saying I've never done the CE program before, however, I'm a software engineer and typically enjoy debugging things :)

I have both an H21 and an HR21. To get MRV, will upgrading only the H21 to the CE release be sufficient, or does the HR21 need to be on CE as well? The HR21 works with DirecTV2PC, and I'm assuming the MRV on the H21 utilizes the same server on the HR21. I'm a little reluctant to upgrade the HR21 to the CE release, as the girlfriend regularly uses that TV and would likely slay me if her recordings are lost.

Are the CE releases generally stable except for the new items being introduced into the receiver?

Hey guys,

I'll preface this by saying I've never done the CE program before, however, I'm a software engineer and typically enjoy debugging things :)

I have both an H21 and an HR21. To get MRV, will upgrading only the H21 to the CE release be sufficient, or does the HR21 need to be on CE as well? The HR21 works with DirecTV2PC, and I'm assuming the MRV on the H21 utilizes the same server on the HR21. I'm a little reluctant to upgrade the HR21 to the CE release, as the girlfriend regularly uses that TV and would likely slay me if her recordings are lost.

Are the CE releases generally stable except for the new items being introduced into the receiver?

Normally, CE's are stable, as far as losing your recordings, I don't think they have ever had one that wiped recordings by accident.

However, remember that CE's are beta tests, so anything could go wrong ....
One other thing, you can always go back to the National Release at any time.

I only have one capable rec. for MRV, so I cannot play with this feature at this time.

Jimbo

You only need to put the H21 on the CE release. I have the same setup. The HR21 is on the national release, while my H21 is on the CE release. The MRV features are way more usable now than they were at first. It works pretty good, but I do have some playback issues with certain channels.

You only need to put the H21 on the CE release. I have the same setup. The HR21 is on the national release, while my H21 is on the CE release. The MRV features are way more usable now than they were at first. It works pretty good, but I do have some playback issues with certain channels.
Thanks! I was hoping someone would reply saying they had tried what I was asking about.

Here's to hoping a CE release for the HR21 happens this weekend, and I don't sleep through it with my cold..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts