Please reply by conversation.

bobvick

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Northwest Alabama
I was wondering if anyone is having a HR34 problem similar to mine. I will try to describe it as best as possible here.
When I am watching a recording from my other DVR, a HR24-200, on the HR34 in my living room, the recording that is being streamed over MRV often breaks up and has what I would call alot of macroblocking in it.
It does not do this on the HR24-200 when I watch a recording on it from the HR34.
The problem does not occur all of the time either. I can usually fix it by unplugging both receivers for a little while and then plugging them back up.
They are hooked together using DECA, not ethernet. I have them fed from a SWM-8 that comes into a four way Zinwell green label splitter.
I replaced the splitter over the weekend, I forget the brand that was on there before it was what ever the installer had used.
This seemed to help quite a bit, and I did not have any problems until yesterday evening.
I was wondering if anyone else with a HR34 is having similar problems.
One thing that is odd, is that I did not have any trouble until I got the HR24-200. Previoulsy I was using a HR24-500, but the hard drive died on it on Dec 29th and they came out and brought a new HR24, a 200, on Dec 31.

I don't have this particular issue but I have a lot of issues with MRV with my HR-34 and my two H25s. I always have to hit try again at least 4-5 times to get it working. This happened on the NR release and happens on the latest CE release too. The latest CE release for the H25 was supposed to improve MRV and it seemed like it did for a little but it has since gone right back to the way it was.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)