Msg

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Might you mean the YES network? Been rumored for years.. still hasn't happened.

Dish already carried MSG and FSNY in the sports pack for NY/NJ/CT viewers
and in the multi sport pack for others.. minus the pro sports.

Sam

IPAonTAP said:
I have heard unconfirmed reports that E* is negotiating to carry MSG. Does anybody have any info?

As several others have remarked MSG is already available on DISH. The new negotiations revolve around the LOSS of EMPIRE SPORTS NETWORK.

Empire Sports went dark in March of this year the result of Adelphia's problems and the NHL taking a year off. The Buffalo Sabres was the biggest team and reason for Empire Sports to exist as Empire Sports had exclusive rights to all Buffalo Sabres in their local rights region.

When Empire went dark Dish had to replace that channel with another Regional Sports Channel and they didn't want to pay MSG the higher rights fees so Dish replaced Empire Sports with Fox Sports Pittsburgh which was and is unless for 95 percent of Dish Subscribers that used to get Empire Sports as all Major League teams and games are blacked out on Fox Sports Pittsburgh.

With the return of the NHL, 75 of the 82 Buffalo Sabres games will be on MSG, so Dish is negotiating with MSG to have MSG as the regional sports channel for Western New Yorkers instead of Fox Sports Pittsburgh.

You will still be able to get Sabres games on MSG if and only if you pay for the Regional Sports Package at $5.00 per month over your regular subscription.

I think and thought that was unfair, so last week I wrote a nice letter to Ceo@echostar.com complaining about this very issue, explaining that I have been a customer for 8 plus years with a High Programing subscription level etc.... I got a email back from Dish about 12 hours later specifing that they turned on the Regional Sports package for me and waived the extra $5.00 per month for 12 months. The email also contained the information that Dish is trying to negotiate carriage of MSG for all Western New Yorkers with out the Regional Sports package being neccesary.

John

Thanks JohnL.

That is exactly the information I was looking for. My only interest is to view the Sabres games this upcoming season. I will send off an email to the CEO.

sorry to revive an old thread but I have an update to share.
ceo@E* responded to my e-mail the same day they received it, but stated that even if I obtained the FSN package, that the Sabres games would be blacked out in my local area.
I then contacted MSG directly and got the following response:
MSG will be carrying Sabres games for the upcoming season, unfortunately DishNetwork currently has no agreement in place to carry Sabres games on MSG Networks. Please call your service provider to inquire about receiving the Sabres on MSG, as pressure from subscribers could lead to an agreement.

Networks PR

So I am thinking the only way to view these games is to pay for NHL Center ICE, but will these games also be blacked out?