MSID/MIN fun

jrp

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Aug 24, 2007
Iowa
I've been having issues sending and receiving mms on my rooted CDMA htc Desire.

It wasn't working, I changed the APN settings, it started working, it quit working, I changed the APN settings, it still didn't work.

I called my carrier's (US Cellular) technical line and talked to a very cordial, sincere gentleman and asked if he could tell me the proper APN settings. He didn't really understand the request, and he really wanted to help figure it out, but was really confused as to why my phone wouldn't enter programming mode through the dialer with the code he gave me. At this point I allowed that I might have altered the OS and he allowed that he might have changed the MSID/MIN of my phone from his side and couldn't change it back, temporarily bricking my phone. I'll take a good share of the blame for this, since I wasn't upfront about the root. I do wish he would have told me before he changed the MSID/MIN. I would have said no at that point and thanked him for his time.

When I told him I could put Sense back on the phone through my Nandroid backup, he very kindly gave me the procedure to change my MSID/MIN to the new code. I did remove-recovery, wiped the phone, restored my original backup, and changed the MSID/MIN. All is well. Now I can start with a clean CyanogenMod install (or anything else I pick). Not such a bad thing. All in all, an interesting evening.

MMS is often glitchy on CM ROMs... When the HTC Eris was first rooted (only phone I'm familiar with), incorrect APNs were very common. People could receive MMS but not send, typically.

Does the developer of the ROM you're using not have a "fix" ? You can also use a fix from other ROMs for the same phone without issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts