Msntv2

Status
Not open for further replies.

raymo721

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 26, 2005
Front Range, Colorado
Ok, I'll try to make this short. I'm a Beta Tester for the MSNTV2 unit that replaced the WEBTV unit last year. IMO MSN put this unit on the market way to early. That said, I have been waiting to post any problems with the new server, trying to see if its the server or the MSNTV2. The only probem I have is that when I go to the Main forums page the scrolling is very slow, and I mean SLOW! Whenever I try to scroll the flags stop waving and I wait 5-6 seconds before the page moves. My work around this is to get to the forums jump and click on the forum I want and everything is ok. Could the waving flags have anything to do with this?? I am filling a bug with MSN, but wanted to tell you guys first. BTW, I have no other internet divice other than this MSNTV2 unit.--Ray

Last edited:
I've seen this with IE on slow processors trying to show animated GIFs. If there is a "Stop" button on your version of IE, try pressing that and see if your scrolling improves.

Thanks Foxbat, but this is a STB about as big as a DBS reciever and there is no stop button. It comes with a keyboard and remote. Retails for $200 but I got mine free for being a Beta. Funny thing is the Main pub members page has the waving flags also but I have no scrolling problems there, just the main forums page.

Do you like the MSNTV service? Is there any drawbacks to it? Currently I have an MSN dialup sub so thats not a prob. Would like to get this for my mom who isn't computer challenged but I kinda like the idea of it being on the TV making it easier to see than a computer monitor. Thanks!

Kresston, I think this would be a great choice for your Mom. My eye doctor recomends this to certain patients. I really have no need for a pc, and sitting in my recliner surfing the web on my 34in Panasonic is great. You can use an ISP, so If you have broadband or DSL available in your area it is compatable. Google MSNTV2 and you'll find alot of info including forums of users that will help you make an informative decision. Enjoy!--Ray

Thanks! I think its something that would make life easier for her instead of trying to remember how to work the computer. One reason I want it is because we already subscribe to MSN Dialup, dialup being the only thing we can get. Thanks for the recommendation, its not a priority right now, but may change in the future, but I'll keep tabs on ebay to find a good deal. Thanks again!

I did some research the other day, it seems like I can't add it to my normal MSN Dialup subscription. Oh well, it seems it wouldn't matter if it's dialing the same number as my MSN dialup. Anyways thanks for the info!

kresston

Status
Not open for further replies.