MT1 PTAT Satellite Tuner Module for the 922?

Jhon69

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2006
Central San Joaquin Valley,CA.
Yes I know that DISH has bypassed the 922 for the Hopper.But this is a "what if" question for the Pros.

Could it be done?.Could it work?.Just something to think about since I like to think outside the box.;)

PTA might plausibly be added to the 922 off the same sat transponder. I don't think the MT2 (?) module would work because you would need 4 OTA tuners each tuned to a different channel, while the MT2 only has two.

Probably just s/w to implement. But who knows if the ViP922 has the CPU/RAM horsepower to pull it off reasonably? Besides, it's being "phased out."

PTA might plausibly be added to the 922 off the same sat transponder. I don't think the MT2 (?) module would work because you would need 4 OTA tuners each tuned to a different channel, while the MT2 only has two.

Appreciate the reply Krell.Ya I was thinking what if it was possible to add another satellite tuner to the mix for PTAT that's where I got the MT1 from.

But I know that that would probably not be possible.I was also thinking of just PTAT for the 922 only,not to be able to hookup the 922 to the Joeys.

Heck even if the 922 would have access to PTAT with just it's 2 satellite tuners during Prime Time it would be like having 5 tuners for 3 hours a night,which to me would be cool:)

The disk size problem could be addressed by only recording a few days (not 8).

So far, 8 days by 3 hours by 4 channels = 96 HD hrs eq ~ 400 GB... I don't see any issue with taking the miserable 400 GB from a user by his consent.

I agree in principle, and even more so if they take that out of the Dish VOD 500GB part rather than ours. But how is taking nearly all of the user or dish disk "miserable"? I sure would be miserable if they took away nearly all of my DVR space!

Plus recording the whole transponder is worse than that. I'm in the Washington DC DMA and there are not 4 but 6 HD channels on TP5 spot 4. I see no reasonable way of doing this on a 922 short of recording fewer than 8 days.

You"own" your 922, will the 922 work with any 2TB HDD if you try to change it out or hook up a EHD?.:confused:

Do you mean "change... out" the internal 1TB drive for a 2TB drive? In general that only works for the exact model drives hard-coded into the firmware, and worse still the areas/partitions bigger than the factory 1TB drive aren't even used.

As far as hooking up an external 2TB drive, that should not be a problem.

Do you mean "change... out" the internal 1TB drive for a 2TB drive? In general that only works for the exact model drives hard-coded into the firmware, and worse still the areas/partitions bigger than the factory 1TB drive aren't even used.

As far as hooking up an external 2TB drive, that should not be a problem.

Thanks Krell always good to know.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)