Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I just got this in my inbox.

MTV Tr3s to replace MTV Español on Channel 872 – Effective August 8, 2007

Effective August 8, 2007, MTV Español on channel 872 in the DishLATINO package and higher will be replaced by MTV Tr3s on the same channel. MTV Tr3s is the most-widely distributed TV network dedicated to today’s bicultural Latino youth. MTV Tr3s' programming is rooted in the fusion of American and Latino music, cultures, lifestyles and languages. Music programming is at the core of MTV Tr3s, providing 24 hours a day of a variety of music genres including: Pop, Rock, Hip-Hop and Reggaetón with a strong emphasis on Latin artists. In addition to music programming and customized MTV franchises, MTV Tr3s programming slate also features lifestyle series, news and documentaries that celebrate U.S. Latino hybrid identity and culture.

Please note that MTV Español will cease broadcasting and will no longer be available on any TV-service provider in the marketplace

For those that might be confused with the strange choice of letters after the MTV. They did the same thing as the TV show for dyslexic numerologists "Numb3rs".

Tres=3
Tr3s. Get it? :)

MTV 3

See ya
Tony

No.

If you have AT100 or higher there is the Dish Latino Bonus pack for $12.49 a month which is only half price of the regular DL package and includes everything in DL except Playboy en Español

See ya
Tony

I have never seen MTV Español but I have seen MTV Tr3s OTA here in Los Angeles, I don't speak spanish but the programing that is in English is good sometimes.

Sorry if I offend anyone !protest

If you live in the U S A learn to speak english! :flag:

Please :clap :eek:

Most of us, latinos living in the United States are bilingual (Spanish and English) so I don't see what your point is. Just because there are channels in Spanish that doesn't mean that they're just for people that don't speak English. Dish Network and Directv offer International channels (Chinese, Russian, Korean, etc) because it's a profitable market for them.

BTW, I'm not offended just trying to figure out what your point is.

Most of us, latinos living in the United States are bilingual (Spanish and English) so I don't see what your point is.

[snip]

BTW, I'm not offended just trying to figure out what your point is.

I have to disagree with that and say it very much depends on where you live. there are places where most of the people are bilingual, and there are places where they barely understand English let alone have the capacity to speak it. Don't get me wrong, I am bi-lingual English/Portuguese (Brazilian), but English is my first language. And around here in Boston, many of the Brazilian immigrants (and other nationalities as well) do *NOT* speak English.

I understand the arguments well and I know how strongly some feel about this one way or another. Keep in mind that Spanish is an OFFICIAL LANGUAGE in some parts of the United States. Most of the spanish speakers in the US are here legally and do speak at least some English.

But more importantly these issues have nothing to do with Dish Network or their programming change. To continue this part of the conversation, please feel free to open a new topic in the Chit-chat club or, if you dare, "the PIT". :D

See ya
Tony

I am not Latino but work with many friends and have family(familia) that is...I don't speak spanish only spanglish, but can mostly understand, and Spanish musicand customs is a part of the culture here in New Mexico and the southwest... our State Capital(Santa Fe) was originally a Spanish capital... Selena is buried in the same Cemetary that my Uncle is (and was killed in the same motel I stayed at after he passed:( ) deal with it...

I get this channel on a low power OTA and its an odd one, the commercials are usually in English and the songs are usually in spanish. I did catch Nelly Frutado on there in English once though.

I was near the Mexican border once (Yuma,AZ) and there was a station that had rock music in English and all the ads and promos were in Spanish.

Heh, I went to high school with one of the MTV TR3S VJs, Carlos Santos.

I thoght the change was made a long time ago. Oh well...

Sorry!!!

Sorry :eek: for stirring up a hornets nest with that comment:eek:

I was meaning that E* should have a separate broadcast service for other languages on their own satellite and keep what precious bandwidth that E* has for programming in one language on a satellite and not cram so many different language channels onto one satellite service making the channels so compressed. have something like the dish Spanish network :confused: in a different orbital slot.:up that way the spectrum can be filled by that type of programming for differnet language service not compressing the video so much on one service.

maybe when E* changes over to mpeg4 that might make things better and we can live together with better tv for all. . . lol Corny phrase I know.

I have Dish Latino max and I no longer get any MTV in Spanish. Channel 872 doesn't exist anymore. Are they going to be adding MTV tr3s tomorrow or should we have the channel already?

Sorry :eek: for stirring up a hornets nest with that comment:eek:

I was meaning that E* should have a separate broadcast service for other languages on their own satellite and keep what precious bandwidth that E* has for programming in one language on a satellite and not cram so many different language channels onto one satellite service making the channels so compressed. have something like the dish Spanish network :confused: in a different orbital slot.:up that way the spectrum can be filled by that type of programming for differnet language service not compressing the video so much on one service.

maybe when E* changes over to mpeg4 that might make things better and we can live together with better tv for all. . . lol Corny phrase I know.

That's an idea but like I said International channels have been a profitable market for Dish Network. So I doubt that they will drop them or move them. People have complained in the past about the International channels taking bandwith space but if it's making them money, do you think they'll want to remove them? E* just needs to add more satellites (which they already have it in the works).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts