MUCH better signal strength on 110

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

old corps

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 13, 2005
Mid-Michigan
Dunno why but I've recently noticed that the ss on tp 13/110 has been MUCH improved the last few days.:) This is where HBO East is located and for a long time I've been lucky to get upper 20's and that's in good weather. It'd be the 1st to go in rain. Now its pushing 50.:up Hope it stays like that!

Ed

Dunno why but I've recently noticed that the ss on tp 13/110 has been MUCH improved the last few days.:) This is where HBO East is located and for a long time I've been lucky to get upper 20's and that's in good weather. It'd be the 1st to go in rain. Now its pushing 50.:up Hope it stays like that!

Ed
That's because they have replaced E8 @ the 110 slot with the new E11. Much stronger satellite.

Yet one more reason why I'm not the biggest fan of Eastern Arc at this point. Signal strengths are a huge difference between Western vs. Eastern

Webby, do you (or does anyone) have signal strength comparisons of both of the Eastern and Western Arcs? I'm in Atlanta (on the Western Arc) but was hoping to go the Eastern Arc to IMPROVE signal strengths from the dying 129 bird. It looks like Atlanta won't be available for the Eastern Arc until 2009 so it should give us some time to see which is the best fit. Or maybe waiting for the new bird at 129 is the better solution than jumping to the Eastern Arc? Let us know.

I don't know if this is related or not but a couple of days ago I was watching a Cardinals game on FSNMW HD and there was some odd rain fade type of thing, but it was completely clear out. Then there was a brief second where there was some other channel feed transposed over the FSNMW HD feed. Really odd.

*edit* I don't see how this could be related since it doesn't look that channel is on 110.

Webby, do you (or does anyone) have signal strength comparisons of both of the Eastern and Western Arcs? I'm in Atlanta (on the Western Arc) but was hoping to go the Eastern Arc to IMPROVE signal strengths from the dying 129 bird. It looks like Atlanta won't be available for the Eastern Arc until 2009 so it should give us some time to see which is the best fit. Or maybe waiting for the new bird at 129 is the better solution than jumping to the Eastern Arc? Let us know.

At this point the 61.5 and 72 are the only birds lit up for the EA. I'm sure others will chime in with their results, I've been typically seeing high 50's for the 61.5 and high 50's to VERY low 60's for the 72. Compared to the 110/119 duo those seem to be anywhere from the mid 60's all the way up to the VERY low 80's; 72 is comparable to the 110/119. It's shame about the current 129 situation. Hopefully that'll be resolved sometime next year (do I dare say "soon"? :p)

Can't Receive E* 110 in E. Maryland

All,

I've got a dual setup that I installed myself for a while. I've got a Superdish looking at 119 & 110 and a single dish looking at 61.5. In the last few days, I can't get some of the channels on 110. The 3-way switch passes all test & when looking for - say TNT, it acts like it's lost the signal, searches for a while, then a splash screen comes up saying Dish Network is aware of the problem & is looking into it.

Does this have anything to do with the satellite replacement and, if so, what can I do to get my channels back? I have not called Dish Network...yet. I'm holding out dealing with them till the last minute.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

I just got the HD upgrade last Saturday. 1000.2 dish & my signal strength is high 70's to low 80's on 110 & 119 & mid 70's on 129. I too was scared of 129, but am pleased with the way it turned out...........especially the HD channels. Why did I wait so long?????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)