Multi room extender

YEs it looks like they did scrap it, because they did pull it from the site. I too, bought a 922 just for this announced feature from DISH, along with the built in web browser for google like features. Neither will make it to the 922 now. That is why this Tuesday I'm swapping it out for a 722k . No sense paying $4.00 more a month for a sling feature I rarely use and that doesn't work well ,especially in hd. Come January at CES I am betting there will be a new receiver announced with more great features that will "be coming soon" and then they will never deliver. Some of us are speculating that a whole house dvr will be announced or maybe multi-room viewing and networking like DIRECTV has. But I learned one BIG lesson from this experience: NEVER buy a receiver for PROMISED features. Buy a receiver because it HAS working Features .

Promising that the extender is still on the sling site ,but sling is Echostar owned and not necessarily for DISH. DISH also showed a tv screen with wi-fi for sling . Also the ability to sling to multiple devices so you could see your receiver on other boxes in your house for hd. They even announced the sling extender for the market through DISH and have since pulled it from their site. I am betting that this is because they are headed in another direction entirely . Come January we get to see what that direction is. I think that the sling thing is hard for mass subs due to the internet connections that many have. I had to upgrade to cable internet because dsl didn't have the bandwith needed to sling in hd. DIRECTV is using hd over coax and networking their receivers together which is cheaper and reliably providing multi-room viewing and shared hard drive shows. DISH needs to head in that similar direction or they will suffer a loss of subs due to the competition : ATT Uverse, Directv where they can do the multi-room viewing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts