Multi-Sport Pack ($5.99/mo)

toadfannc

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 2, 2005
I never have understood this. So ... I have AT250. The only RSN that I get by virtue of where I live (North Carolina) is Fox Sports South (ch. 420). If I get the Multi-Sport Pack (for $5.99/mo), will I get the Big Ten Network (with HD)-- which went away earlier this year? And, will I get the other RSN's SD/HD (including NESN HD)?

I never have understood this. So ... I have AT250. The only RSN that I get by virtue of where I live (North Carolina) is Fox Sports South (ch. 420). If I get the Multi-Sport Pack (for $5.99/mo), will I get the Big Ten Network (with HD)-- which went away earlier this year? And, will I get the other RSN's SD/HD (including NESN HD)?
Go to Dish network website, put hand on "shop", Click on sports and it will show you the package.

You will get Big Ten Network in HD.

You will get the other RSN's when there isn't a sport that is covered by a subscription or blacked out, which isn't very often, so it isn't much use

So, why would anyone buy this thing? If all of the baseball games (for example) are blacked out, what good is it?

If it is MLB you are after, you will be able to see the conclusion of any game that runs over the 3 hour black out window.
(For some strange reason, the Mets have a 2 and 1/2 hour black out.)
Nowadays, nearly all MLB games run at least 3 hours, so it is likely that you will see at least some
baseball every night. Rain delayed games are great for this package. You also get some (limited)
college football, less interesting sports and 8 million airings of the "Best D---- Sports Show."

You will get all the pre and post game shows for mlb, nhl, nfl and nba, plus the college sports. Plus this time of year; like last night I was watching the Redskins Training Camp Show, the Browns Version and Patriots, in addition to the ending of the cubs game. So actually for $6, is really isn't such a bad deal.

So, why would anyone buy this thing? If all of the baseball games (for example) are blacked out, what good is it?
In my case, my assigned RSN is FSN-SW. FSN-SW has Texas Rangers and Houston Astros games. But I'm also in the home territory (non-blackout) for the St. Louis Cardinals and the Kansas City Royals. They're both on FSN-MW. I don't get FSN-MW by default, but I do with the Multi-Sport package. So if I want the Cards and Royals games, I need that package.

In my case, my assigned RSN is FSN-SW. FSN-SW has Texas Rangers and Houston Astros games. But I'm also in the home territory (non-blackout) for the St. Louis Cardinals and the Kansas City Royals. They're both on FSN-MW. I don't get FSN-MW by default, but I do with the Multi-Sport package. So if I want the Cards and Royals games, I need that package.

I forgot that the multi sport gave me Pittsburgh Pirates games in both sd and hd,:)

i see you are in Oklahoma-are you actually getting ANY Royals games? I have been blacked out on all by dish this year (with the Sports pack) and also blacked out on MLB.com. The Royals are supposed to be claiming Oklahoma but we can't get any games.

Does this get you the extra games in HD?

I'm in the Cubs, White Sox, Tigers, and Reds market and can watch the ALT SD feeds of Tigers and Reds without the Sports Pack.

I actually get both Comcast Chicago and FSN-MW but not being in the Cards market makes it pretty much worthless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts