Multi-sport pack

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

classic cartoon fan

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 3, 2006
Preble County, Ohio
Does anyone know anything about this or have this? The website says its $9 a month and includes 20 regional sports networks. This doesn't mean I get to watch more MLB games, or does it? I would like to have STO channel 431, can this be purchased by itself? Dish's website isn't very clear on what exactly is included.

You won't be able to watch any games, as they are blacked out. But you will be able to watch the RSN's other programming. NFL RedZone and MLB StrikeZone is also included with Multi-Sport.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

Just the quickest of searches here will answer your questions..... :) Plenty of recent discussions about the Sports Package, there is some limited times you will see Pro games, such as the Detroit/Texas game last night....... Many recent posts about MLB package....

The multi sports pack does give you access to all the RSNs Dish offers, but professional sports league games are blacked out. (so no MLB, NBA or NHL games)

Dish used to offer MLB's extra innings, but there were not enough subs to make it profitable, so they dropped it.

Does anyone know anything about this or have this? The website says its $9 a month and includes 20 regional sports networks. This doesn't mean I get to watch more MLB games, or does it? I would like to have STO channel 431, can this be purchased by itself? Dish's website isn't very clear on what exactly is included.

in some cases adding the sports pack DOES get you some extra MLB games. As example in Iowa they are covered by 6 MLB Teams
Cubs and Sox (which you get as your RSN)
Twins on FS North
Brewers on the Alt
Royals on the Alt stations
Cards on FS Midwest

If you add the sports pack you get those last 4 teams listed

Isn't STO in Ohio as well? If it is it's possible some of the games may not be blacked out. You may be in the coverage area for the team, but your dma does not require Dish to have the rsn in your package. Example, I am in NE PA and in the NYC dma, I currently do not have any rsn's in my package, subscribing to Multi-sports does give me the Penguins and Pirates games out of Pittsburgh. There was a link on this site to check what pro teams are viewable through the rsn's somewhere, You could also check with a local retailer (Sears, Radio Shack, ect) to see if you would get the pro games. Most of the remaining programing on STO should be viewable.

The issue with the OP is he is on the Western Border of Ohio and is in the Reds market. So even if he added the sports pack he would not gain any pro teams

I looked at Directv's RSN locator (which is easier to understand) and picked a zip in the OP's county (I chose Eaton) and it shows the Reds, Jackets, and Cavs as the only teams he will get

but that doesnt show what teams you get. Here is a great example. I'll use a location in Iowa which if you add the sports pack gets a bunch of extra sports
52403 shows this for RSN's on Dish
Regional and Collegiate Sports Networks are available with America's Top 120 Plus or higher.
Station
Big Ten
CSN Chicago

On Directv it shows this
With any DIRECTV base package (CHOICE or above, or MÁS ULTRA or above):

Comcast SportsNet Chicago HD (Ch. 665) - HD Available
Chicago Blackhawks (HD Available)
Chicago Bulls (HD Available)
Cubs (HD Available)
White Sox (HD Available)

With the PREMIER or LO MAXIMO package or any DIRECTV base package plus SPORTS Pack, you also get:

FS North HD (Ch. 668) - HD Available
Brewers (HD Available)
Minnesota Timberwolves (HD Available)
Twins (HD Available)

FS Midwest HD (Ch. 671) - HD Available
Cardinals (HD Available)
Royals (HD Available)
St. Louis Blues (HD Available)

So if I want to know if or what teams I get with the sports pack I can see rather easily with Directv while the Dish fan either has to go on what someone "might" know or take a stab to see if their team is part of it

This info helps a lot, thanks. I wish MLB would change their crazy rules and let you have both channels if you live in the state of Ohio, so I would get STO and FScincy, or let me choose what station I can get and it should be visa-versa for someone living in Northeastern Ohio if their not an Indians, but are a Reds fan. I dunno, wish they would change something.

I get all the games for teams in my area on the ALT channels, without the sports pack. For me its Rangers, Astros, Cardinals and Royals. AT250 if that matters.

Not sure if it is still the case as I haven't had Multi-Sport for some time but the NHL replays were always in the clear for me. I would often get the Nuggets free and clear on Altitude despite that fact I live in Georgia. Also found it useful for channel surfing toward the end of East Coast MLB games sometimes catching an inning or two of ball and the occasional extra inning / rain delay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts