Multi-Sports Package - 29 Local Sports?

chc59

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 31, 2007
Dalton, Ohio
What exactly do they mean by "29 Local Sports Networks"? You get some, like the RSNs in your area? Or all 29 RSNs? If all RSNs, MLB games, if carried by the local? In other words, what the heck do I get for my $5,99/mth

Joe

you get all the other RSN's out there. You get the RSN's for outside your area. Since you are in a Big10 state you already get that channel but if you weren't it would be added. Here is a list

COMCAST SPORTS NET CALIFORNIA 409
COMCAST SPORTS NET CHICAGO 429
COMCAST SPORTS NET MID-ATLANTIC 424
COMCAST SPORTS NEW ENGLAND 435
COMCAST SPORTSNET BAY AREA 419
COX SPORTS TELEVISON NEW ORLEANS 421
FOX SPORTS ARIZONA 415
FOX SPORTS CINCINNATI 427
FOX SPORTS DETROIT 430
FOX SPORTS FLORIDA 423
FOX SPORTS NORTHWEST 426
FOX SPORTS OHIO 425
FOX SPORTS PITTSBURGH 428
FOX SPORTS ROCKY MOUNTAIN 414
FOX SPORTS SOCCER 149
FOX SPORTS SOCCER 877
FOX SPORTS SOUTH 420
FOX SPORTS SOUTHWEST 416
FOX SPORTS MIDWEST 418
FOX SPORTS NET NORTH 436
FOX SPORTS PRIME TICKET 411
FOX SPORTS WEST 417
MID-ATLANTIC SPORTS NETWORK 432
SPORTSOUTH 437
SPORTSNET NEW YORK 438
SPORTSTIME OHIO 431
SUN SPORTS 422

All pro sports outside your local area are blacked out but alot of the college sports isnt

So, I would get no MLB except Indians and maybe Reds. But I get STO HD, and thus all Indians games, on my Azbox Elite. Not much college sports during the summer. Doesn't sound like a good use of my money. I already subscribe to the HD Absolute and there are MLB games there. As to the rest, I'll just look around on the Azbox to see what comes up. Watched the YES backhauls in HD this week.

Thanks, Ice.

Joe

So, I would get no MLB except Indians and maybe Reds. But I get STO HD, and thus all Indians games, on my Azbox Elite. Not much college sports during the summer. Doesn't sound like a good use of my money. I already subscribe to the HD Absolute and there are MLB games there. As to the rest, I'll just look around on the Azbox to see what comes up. Watched the YES backhauls in HD this week.

Thanks, Ice.

Joe

I have it and like he said most of the out of area stuff is blacked out. Not sure about college though. I think I tried to watch a NCAABB game once and it was blacked out as well, but Im not positive on that one. Im not in a Big Ten market so I got it for CFB and got a lot of Michigan games because of it so it was worth it for me in the fall. As for the summer I haven't even used it.

When pro sports run past the amount of time in the guide the event becomes unblocked. Last night the Mets and the Rays both played longer than the guide and both games then became available. Most nights the end of a few games will become available.

When pro sports run past the amount of time in the guide the event becomes unblocked. Last night the Mets and the Rays both played longer than the guide and both games then became available. Most nights the end of a few games will become available.
Difference in the way Dish and Direct abide by the blackout rules. Dish blacks out a game for the designated or allotted time in the guide. Direct blacks out a game for the duration of the game.

I picked up the sports pack last fall because my alma mater-Towson University-was playing Northwestern in football and I needed Big 10 to see it. Since then I've enjoyed it for out-of-market college sports and coaches shows and the like. Also the CFL.

I was surprised this winter by the fact that it gave me an extra hockey team to watch, the Pens on FPT aren't blacked out at my zip in Central Maryland. I had hoped that it would continue as the Pirates started play so I'd have three MLB teams to follow, and that worked through March.

Come Opening Day, I started getting blacked out on the Pirates.

Oh, well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)