Multichannel - Dish Master Control asleep?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

remotetveic

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 30, 2009
Denver, CO
So the Elections just happened last week. I turned on the Dish Multichannel to see what was on? Perhaps I was going to see all the News networks being showcased? Nope - same old channels. Who controls this? Any why do they not have multiple channels (apps) that you could see a News Feed / Sports Feed / Weather Feed - since there area all multiple channels on the system. As well - can you not view this from a Joey or even the 4k Joey? I'm sure it has the firepower to support this.

My dad was watching that other provider and we were texting late in the night. He was watching their channel mix and their master control also included Comedy Central along with the Big News Networks.

I was watching on my 4k Joey and didn't see anything so I went down to the Hopper3 and just saw the boring Dish Multichannel with same normal channels. So I continued my flip through the news networks.

With 16 tuners, it would be nice if we could select the channels.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

You can if you have a Hopper 3. :)
Goes to show what I know, I looked at it a few months ago and couldn't figure it out ( granted I didn't try to long) and figured they weren't able to be changed. Thanks for the clarification!

Goes to show what I know, I looked at it a few months ago and couldn't figure it out ( granted I didn't try to long) and figured they weren't able to be changed. Thanks for the clarification!

It's "Multiview" under PIP.

So the Elections just happened last week. I turned on the Dish Multichannel to see what was on? Perhaps I was going to see all the News networks being showcased? Nope - same old channels. Who controls this? Any why do they not have multiple channels (apps) that you could see a News Feed / Sports Feed / Weather Feed - since there area all multiple channels on the system. As well - can you not view this from a Joey or even the 4k Joey? I'm sure it has the firepower to support this.

My dad was watching that other provider and we were texting late in the night. He was watching their channel mix and their master control also included Comedy Central along with the Big News Networks.

I was watching on my 4k Joey and didn't see anything so I went down to the Hopper3 and just saw the boring Dish Multichannel with same normal channels. So I continued my flip through the news networks.
Only on the H3 can you change the 4, in the PIP multiview. I used it to pick 2 local news and 2 national news channels for election night. Made it fun, even.

Only on the H3 can you change the 4, in the PIP multiview. I used it to pick 2 local news and 2 national news channels for election night. Made it fun, even.

I had 3 news channels and Disney up on election night for the 11 year old princess. :)

Reactions: ChadT41

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)