Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Multichannel News is seeking some comments on the Olympics, if interested please see the info below.

Scott

Hi,
I'm working on a story about NBC's HDTV coverage of the Summer Olympics, and I'd like to talk to some viewers that have watched the NBC HD feed through cable, satellite or an over-the-air feed. If you receive the NBC HD feed from the Olympics, and wouldn't mind answering a few quick questions for my story, please send me your contact info or give me a call.
Thanks very much,

Steve Donohue
National Editor
Multichannel News
646-746-6540

Does he have an Email address?

I dont mind answering a Survey via Email.

Just dont feel like talking on the phone today.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Multichannel News is seeking some comments on the Olympics, if interested please see the info below.

Scott
Quote:
Hi,
I'm working on a story about NBC's HDTV coverage of the Summer Olympics, and I'd like to talk to some viewers that have watched the NBC HD feed through cable, satellite or an over-the-air feed. If you receive the NBC HD feed from the Olympics, and wouldn't mind answering a few quick questions for my story, please send me your contact info or give me a call.
Thanks very much,

Steve Donohue
National Editor
Multichannel News
646-746-6540
I just got off the phone with Mr. Donohue and wanted to add that he did say he was also going to look into how the HD Olympic feed was distributed.

I mentioned how some viewers were able to receive the HD feed both OTA and via satellite while others were denied the satellite feed even though they were in an area that could not get it OTA.

He seemed interested in hearing about that, so others or you who had that problem may want to give him a call.

I called and told him my own views about NBC olympics:

1 - Over the air poor quality for my local market
2 - Over the air poor sound quality.
3 - Both Dish Network and VOOM exceeds point 1 and 2.
4- Repetitive nature of the break "commercials". First three-four days the Sony commercial was repugnant. Even now the 3 Sony commercial with NBC's own breaks are too repeatitive.
5- I boycotted the SD NBC olympics.
6- Even though it was a delayed HD feed NBC did a poor job in handling the editing of the events. There were a lot of interruptions during the diving, swimming events which did not show continuity when NBC came back from break.
7- NBC's HD coverage has been biased. The Chinese have 25 Gold medal and there was only one event covered by this in HD. Everything else has been American. You would think that Americans are the only ones wining Gold Medals.
8- NBC's HD definition of what the olympics events are: Swimming, Diving, Gymnastics, Track & Field. There's has not been anything else covered which I have seen. How many people would have loved to see the Women Softball team? How many of us would have liked to see a basketball game? and there are so many other olympics events which have not been covered in HD. He asked me why not watch MSNBC, BRAVO, and other SD channels. Why should I watch low definition of programming.

9- NBC can call it whatever they want. But in my book, NBC has done a very poor job with the olympics in HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)