Multiple External Hard Drives

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dlb2334

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 9, 2009
Sacramento
I've always thought that you were allowed to have as many EHDs as wanted, but I just plugged a new one in and it says that I have to many hard drives. I'm using a USB splitter. Are you allowed to have multiple EHDs? Do I need to call Dish? Do I need to hook them up differently? Any help?

Yep. Just one online at a time. Except I think the ViP922 can handle multiple EHDs. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than I can confirm or dispute this.

Yep. Just one online at a time. Except I think the ViP922 can handle multiple EHDs. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than I can confirm or dispute this.
Yes, 922 supports more than one. Two worked for me. Not sure what the limit is.

I used the front and rear USB connections and also a hub connected to the rear connection.

One note of caution, the 922 assigns arbitrary numbers to the external drives. They are just shown as "External Device 1", etc. and the order changes! The order seems to be different every time you boot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)