Multiple Hopper 3/Joey systems on one account

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tagman31

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2020
PA
Hi y'all, thinking of switching a relative to dish and they need two TV's in a garage that's only attached to the house by a sidewalk. Hopper wireless won't reach, and a 400ft coax run is too long. They have directv now, and DTV gave them hassle stating they need two accounts, yet the buildings share one address. They finally relented and came out and installed a second dish and two more boxes. They already have a dish HD dish, as they lived in the garage living area while the house was being built. They would now like to switch back to dish, but we don't know if dish will allow two hopper 3s on one account, and allow an additional joey on the second hopper in addition to the main hopper 3 that would be in the house with 6 joeys.

Or, should I just find some older 722s or 922s that are clear to use and just send the analog signal to the second TV in the garage?

I'm guessing after going through all that to get Directv to give them what they wanted they have reason to now switch... So that said.
DISH will not authorize a new account with VIP receivers they have been retired except to those who already have them. They can replace theirs still if needed so far.

Yes you can have a second Hopper but I believe you will have to buy it. Someone else will have to answer if DISH has a limit on an account for the number of Joeys.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I think the limit for a Hopper 3 was six leased Joeys, so that additional Joey (for the second Hopper 3) would also have to be purchased. The simplest thing to do may be to purchase a complete Hopper 3 and Joey system, and then self-install it using the existing dish. (Keep in mind that this will also require a Hybrid Hub and a Hybrid LNB to go on the dish, unless it already has a Hybrid LNB. If it is a DPP LNB, an alternative would be to add a DPH42 switch, but that is likely much more expensive than a new LNB would be.) Then, with that system completely installed (but not activated yet) schedule the new customer installation for the leased Hopper 3 and however many Joeys Dish is willing to lease them. When the installer is there, your relative can show the installer the purchased system that is already installed in the other building, so that it can be added to the account on the same phone call when they call in to activate the leased system. (Expect a long phone call, while the CSR's at Dish verify everything. The call may need to be transferred, maybe even more than once, in order to get to the right department / person to authorize this, but it can be done.)

I think the limit for a Hopper 3 was six leased Joeys, so that additional Joey (for the second Hopper 3) would also have to be purchased. The simplest thing to do may be to purchase a complete Hopper 3 and Joey system, and then self-install it using the existing dish. (Keep in mind that this will also require a Hybrid Hub and a Hybrid LNB to go on the dish, unless it already has a Hybrid LNB. If it is a DPP LNB, an alternative would be to add a DPH42 switch, but that is likely much more expensive than a new LNB would be.) Then, with that system completely installed (but not activated yet) schedule the new customer installation for the leased Hopper 3 and however many Joeys Dish is willing to lease them. When the installer is there, your relative can show the installer the purchased system that is already installed in the other building, so that it can be added to the account on the same phone call when they call in to activate the leased system. (Expect a long phone call, while the CSR's at Dish verify everything. The call may need to be transferred, maybe even more than once, in order to get to the right department / person to authorize this, but it can be done.)

Awesome, that sounds like the gameplay then. The dish that is installed looks like the picture that I have attached. It was used with a Vip 722 and 922. Do I have to get the new LNB?

61cU-25wFjL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Awesome, that sounds like the gameplay then. The dish that is installed looks like the picture that I have attached. It was used with a Vip 722 and 922. Do I have to get the new LNB?

View attachment 145904
Yes, Dish usually only installs the Hybrid LNB for Hopper (especially Hopper 3) installations. They prefer to use the older LNB's for everything else. So, I would be nearly 100% certain they used an older DPP LNB on that dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts