Multiple Locations

kjschwalk

Original poster
Sep 10, 2008
Hi All

I'm sure that this question has been asked before, but having never had satellite before, I cannot find the answer.
We have property across the state where we would like to have satellite hooked up on. I cannot see spending $40/month on service for a part-time vacation home. We would like to be able to have a 2nd dish at our primary residence where we can bring the receiver with us on vacation and hook it up at our vacation property. Is this possible? If we buy or have a 2nd dish from a friend (same brand - like Dish Network Dish) - could we just install it at our primary residence, run the cable and hook it up to the receiver that we have?

We've looked at the portable satellites, but they seem rather expensive, and I don't want to be hauling the dish around all the time.

Thanks for your advice!

Thanks for the response! I don't understand why they won't let you? Can't people with motor homes or semi trucks or boats for that matter do the same thing?

How about Snowbirds? What do we do if we want to change our locals to our winter home and then back when we return? Will Dish charge another fee?

They use to not allow the switching of locals and receiver locations at all... but I believe the FCC stepped in and said they HAVE to provide this service to people with RVs and motor homes.

So yes... if you want to receive that areas locals or are afraid of getting caught by the Audit Team, you can call Dish to notify them that you will be taking your receiver with you in your RV or vacation home....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)