Multiple Reboots

HighlanderCFH

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 9, 2014
Northwest Indiana
Is anyone else having reboot issues with their H3 tonight? The H3 usually updates at 1 a.m. every 2nd or 3rd night.

It did its reboot last night, so I figured that would be it for a couple days. But tonight (Thursday 1 a.m.) it did another restart. And it has now done THREE MORE restarts since 3 a.m. It's now just after 3:30 a.m. and there have been a total of four restarts that DISH has performed -- unless it's just my H3 acting up.

I'm already having severe DVR function problems, so maybe all of this is the hard drive acting up? When I use the 7 second jumpback button, it usually malfunctions. Especially with pre-recorded programs -- a few presses of the BACK button often results in the program jumping all the way back to the beginning. This has been going on for many months.

I've grown to accept Hopper3 malfunctions, so I don't even bother to report them anymore.

But the reboot issue is something that I wanted to ask about, if anyone has had the same problem tonight. Of course, I'm probably one of the few people up most of the night to be aware of multiple reboots, so my question might be moot. LOL

Thanks,
Chuck

Did you do a power cord reboot? Pull the plug ,wait a minute and plug back in. That usually clears out glitches and minor problems you might experience. Also is your hopper located in a tv console that is open to air? If you have it all in a closed cabinet with no ventilation, you will experience non stop reboots.

If all else fails call DISH and get a replacement receiver sent to your home ,but add he insurance plan first so it will pay for it. Then once you have a new hopper in place , cancell the insurance.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Did you do a power cord reboot? Pull the plug ,wait a minute and plug back in. That usually clears out glitches and minor problems you might experience. Also is your hopper located in a tv console that is open to air? If you have it all in a closed cabinet with no ventilation, you will experience non stop reboots.

Thanks for all the help, Mike. I'll pull the plug and try to reboot that way. My H3 is in the middle of several VCR's & DVD players stacked on top of each other. Have had it like that for years with no problems. I always make sure that there is plenty of clearance around any vents, etc. I'll also check out the insurance you mentioned.

Thanks again,
Chuck

Reactions: MikeD-C05

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)