Multiple Receivers and DP34’s

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Trueblue

Original poster
Jul 5, 2022
Florida
Hi Guys,

I came across an installation of 48 Dish network receivers sent out to 100+ apartments over RF modulators.

These 48 receivers are fed two satellite feeds (119 and 110 ). The satellite feeds come from two separate dishes each fed through there own Spaun Multiswitch and then feed 4 sets of 3 cascading DP34’s where the two satellite feeds are combined before going to the 48 receivers.

The setup works fine however some mornings an entire rack may show no signal or did not go through the nightly reset correctly. All the receivers that give issues are connected to the same set of 3 cascading DP34 switches. So the issue will affect 12 out of the 48 receivers at a time. Happens only about once every 2-3 months per rack (set of DP34’s). These 12 receivers will show ‘complete signal loss’ until the power is removed from all 12 receivers, and connect back one by one and leaving enough time for each receiver to connect before powering the next otherwise the signal will not come back. Any ideas?

Any ideas?
DP34's are powered by the receivers. I don't think the power goes off to the switches when the receivers reboot. But just in case they do, try to set the receivers on that first DP34 to reboot at different times.

Is there anything that happens to those 4 receivers that might interrupt power to them? BTW - what receivers are these?

Reactions: charlesrshell
DP34's are powered by the receivers. I don't think the power goes off to the switches when the receivers reboot. But just in case they do, try to set the receivers on that first DP34 to reboot at different times.

Is there anything that happens to those 4 receivers that might interrupt power to them? BTW - what receivers are these?
The first receiver on each DP34 switch is set to reboot earlier than the rest. The receivers are Wally's and most of the time there is no issue, just randomly every 2-3 weeks an entire rack will show the complete signal loss after the nightly reboot. All the receivers are connected to UPS's so I don't believe there is any issue with the power.

Could there be any conflict between the DP34 and the Spaun Multiswitch when all receivers reset at the same time? Is there another way to set this up without the Spaun Multiswitch and only one feed from the 119 satellite and one feed from the 110 satellite? As the DP34 only recommends 3 in series I don't believe having 12 in series would be an option?

Could there be any conflict between the DP34 and the Spaun Multiswitch when all receivers reset at the same time? Is there another way to set this up without the Spaun Multiswitch and only one feed from the 119 satellite and one feed from the 110 satellite?
Which Spaun Multiswitch? I personally don't understand what it's doing there.

If the 2 LNBs are DP LNBs, then all you should need to feed 4 banks of 3 DP34's should be a distribution amp capable of DP frequencies.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts