Multiple Recordings On 622

Seadoo

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 26, 2004
Sorry if I am out of date on this one but I am getting multiple recordings on New Programs. For example, Rescue Me and the Bronx is Burning each recorded multiple times even though in the past they would only record once when ONLY NEW EPISODES was checked. This happens when episodes are back to back on the same date. Didnt used to happen before. What has changed?

The "Original Air Date" in the EPG is unreliable. There are several timers I have had where I had to go through the schedule every week and manually skip the repeat showings of episodes that the program guide was showing as "new". The latest was the just-completed season of "Little People, Big World" on TLC, which repeated about 3 times each week and the EPG always listed each repeat showing as new for some reason.

The "Original Air Date" in the EPG is unreliable. There are several timers I have had where I had to go through the schedule every week and manually skip the repeat showings of episodes that the program guide was showing as "new". The latest was the just-completed season of "Little People, Big World" on TLC, which repeated about 3 times each week and the EPG always listed each repeat showing as new for some reason.

Is this a new bug since I just have noticed it recently

Multiple Recordings

It is because the programming listings do not include the word "new" or they give a different description of the same program. Same thing happens with me when I record the Jay Leno show. I select new but for the 3am Repeat broadcast there is just a general listing so it records it again. You have to go to timers and select the episodes you want and make "skip" on the repeats you don't want. Doesn't happen with all programs.

It is a problem with the EPG data not With the receiver. Dish does not control the EPG data it comes from a third party provider.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)