Multiple remote2 on VIP922

bobuhl

Original poster
Oct 22, 2011
SE TN
I am trying to link more than one remote2's on my VIP 922. I can get one of them linked fine but no more after that. Both of the remote2's are the 32.0 UHF 2G. Does anyone know if this is a limitation, or does the VIP 922 support multiple remote2's?

Maybe this will help your problem. When I needed remotes for two other tv locations I used the two remotes that came with the 922 for those tv's. I use a 20.0 IR remote from a 722 in the room with the 922 box. I went into the setting menu, then remote control settings on the 922 and turned on the IR control. It has worked well for me.

You supposedly can link up to 8 remotes to the 922, I had 4 on mine when I had the 922.

I am trying to link more than one remote2's on my VIP 922. I can get one of them linked fine but no more after that. Both of the remote2's are the 32.0 UHF 2G. Does anyone know if this is a limitation, or does the VIP 922 support multiple remote2's?

I would try manually delinking the remote(s) that won't link and then after delinking, try to link them again. You would perform these steps with the remote itself.

1.Press and hold the SAT mode button until all mode buttons light up - the sat light will begin blinking
2.Press and hold the RECALL and 0 (System Wizard) buttons at the same time for 3 seconds
3.Press the Search button
4.Press the Volume + button
5.Press the Stop button, then wait 5 seconds - If deprogramming is successful, 3 descending tones will be heard from the remote.

Once this is done, bring up System Info again with the front panel button and then press the SAT button and the remote should link.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts