LER

Supporter / Pub Member / Server Weenie
Sep 28, 2003
Round Rock, TX US
I currently have:
3 622's
DPP 44
each 622 has a DPP Separator on it
3GHZ (Or is it 6?) Wire from ONQ Box to each TV (from the DPP44).

What I want to do:
Add an OTA Antenna in my Attic, run a wire to the ONQ box, and then Multiplex the OTA to EACH TV, and have it split out near the Separator and go to the OTA Input on each 622.

What do I need?

RandallA

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Dec 13, 2004
San Francisco Bay Area
You need 6 diplexers, 2 per 622 receiver. Since you're using a DPP44 switch, you must use a blue Holland diplexers for port 1 because it's the only diplexer rated to 2 Amps. For the other two ports you can use any diplexer you'd like, I prefer the red Holland diplexers.

You'll also need a 3 way splitter to split the OTA signal to the 3 diplexers.

LER

Sep 28, 2003
Round Rock, TX US
You need 6 diplexers, 2 per 622 receiver. Since you're using a DPP44 switch, you must use a blue Holland diplexers for port 1 because it's the only diplexer rated to 2 Amps. For the other two ports you can use any diplexer you'd like, I prefer the red Holland diplexers.

You'll also need a 3 way splitter to split the OTA signal to the 3 diplexers.

What would the wiring look like? I'm confused (that doesn't take much)....

Thanks!

rcdallas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 3, 2006
West Texas (midland)
Take your OTA antenna and run that into the in port of the 3 way splitter.

On the output side of the DPP44, take port 1 and plug it into the sat side of the diplexer.

From the output of the 3 way splitter, plug 1 of the legs into the VHF side of the diplexer.

Now take the line that was originally in port 1 and hook that to the in/out of the diplexer.

At the seperator at the reciever, take a diplexer and plug the sat feed into the in/out of the diplexer, now take a small jumper and feed the sat side of the diplexer into the seperator, take another jumper and hook that to the vhf/uhf side of the diplexer and connect the other end into the back of the tv (or whatever your using the OTA for).

Repeat that process two more times.

LER

Sep 28, 2003
Round Rock, TX US
I don't use the TV2 stuff. All my 622's are in Single mode, and 2 of them have DVD-R's on the TV2 outputs. so I don't see the benefit of the SuperHome Node.

RandallA

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Dec 13, 2004
San Francisco Bay Area
I don't use the TV2 stuff. All my 622's are in Single mode, and 2 of them have DVD-R's on the TV2 outputs. so I don't see the benefit of the SuperHome Node.

No, it was more for you to see a picture of how to do it. Just ignore the SuperHome node and TV2 stuff.

LER

Sep 28, 2003
Round Rock, TX US
I actually found a site with both types for less than $3.00 ea.

Now to find the antenna, and get that run first (Between my 2 floors, and run the wire to the OnQ box :)

Thanks for everything guys!

StevenD

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Nov 18, 2003
n
I would suggest getting the SuperHome Node. You can buy them for $50 or so. It gave me a 5+ signal jump on OTA. That can make a big difference when a couple of channels were hovering around 67.

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL

So what does having the DVD-Rs on the TV2 outputs so for you LER? Is that how you record to DVDs?

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
If I had a standalone DVD burner, that's exactly how I would hook things up as well. You can playback/burn on TV2 while watching TV1 at the same time

IC. I will try that out sometime. I just use S-Video from the VIP722 to the DVD and record that way. Works pretty good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts