Multiroom Extender for 922

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ksbuie

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 23, 2007
Does anyone have an update on when we can expect to see this now, somewhat, mythical device?

Supposed to have been released Last July of 2010 and then it was projected to be release by mid August of 2011. You see we are now past mid August and no sling extender. So now it will be a race to see which actually hits the market first by November: sling extender or Xip whole house dvr. I am betting on NEITHER showing up this year.

So now it will be a race to see which actually hits the market first by November: sling extender or Xip whole house dvr. I am betting on NEITHER showing up this year.

Extender - maybe by end of year, but I wouldn't bet on it. The driver is how many 922s and adapters are out there. There's no need to bring it out if there isn't a large enough base to sell into.

XIP - they have never announced November for a general release, only that they hope to do the Echostar to Dish handover then. AFAIK, no release date has been hinted at.

I could see XIP releasing first - it is much more important to Dish than the extender will ever be.

Extender - maybe by end of year, but I wouldn't bet on it. The driver is how many 922s and adapters are out there. There's no need to bring it out if there isn't a large enough base to sell into.

XIP - they have never announced November for a general release, only that they hope to do the Echostar to Dish handover then. AFAIK, no release date has been hinted at.

I could see XIP releasing first - it is much more important to Dish than the extender will ever be.

I hope not. All I need is the sling extender and I would have full hd tv 2 functionality in my home with the existing 722k + 211k receivers. I ' m sure that DISH will add a FEE to each 110 in your house with the Xip dvr. This is DISH we are talking about here, and I don't see them leaving any money on the table, so to speak. This will make the new whole house dvr prohibitive to many due to the higher costs associated with the fee structure. DISH has already made the second dual tuner dvr in your home a thing of the past ,due to the $10.00 - $17.00 additional receiver cost for a 612 or 722k. I don't see them giving up the revenue from additional receiver fees with this new system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)