multiswitch/diplexer question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mrbillydee

Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
I have installed the multiswitch, 2 sat inputs and 1 cable input, with the possibility of 8 outputs. Problem seems to be with the diplexer. When I install this to seperate the cable/sat, I lose my Directv signal and have no cable as well. Is there a certain type that I should have or what? The one I have is made by Aspen and is model # D-2000LX. 950-2050/5-806MHz.

Any help you guys can give me would be great. I don't know if it's a frequency issue or an install issue or what.

Thanks

Here is a diagram,
Hope this is what your looking for, ( substitute Cable inplace of Off Air Ant. )

mult1.jpg

Is the cable just for CableTV or is it broadband internet?

The cable is for broadband internet. I knew the installer and he didn't put te block on the line to block the tv. I can get tv just by hooking up a splitter before the modem.

My hookup looks just likethe one above, except I didn't run it into the dtv receiver. I just connected it to the jack on the tv. Does it need to go through the receiver?

Yes as diagramed above, to watch Cable just turn the receiver off...

sorry, jumped the gun on broadband.... cable in from main line to splitter
run 1 out of splitter directly to modem... other to Ant. line then run like diagram above.

I don't do a lot of broadband so I may be off here, but, I was under the impression that some cable modems have a backfeed that will interfear with the multiswitches ability to work properly.

Could be I'm thinking about the powered 4-5x8s.

That could very well be the problem. I tried it through the dtv rcvr and still no picture. I don't get cable signal and I get the "searching for signal" on the sat line.

The multiswitch and diplexers that I have are pretty cheap, so maybe better quality equipment would be better? I work on phone lines for a living, but I'm not that knowledgeable with sat/cable.

If possible run a dedicated line up for the broadband.

I don't know for certain but I think some cable modems send back incompatable voltage to the multiswitch.

Wish I could be of more help.

I am having a similar issue. I do not run the cable line through the multiplexer. Out of the multiplexer, I run one sat feed to a diplexer and run the cable line into this diplexer. The output of this diplexer runs to my office. I have another diplexer in my office that splits the signals back out. It will work for a few minutes then the cable modem loses its connection. My theory is that the modem goes out when it tries to send data, while receiving it is fine. The diplexers are high quality 5-2250 mhz range. Any suggestions?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)