Multiswitch on Dish 500 Legacy Dual LNBF

RevJimbo

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 5, 2007
I have a Dish 500 with a legacy dual LNBF. Each LNBF has two coax ports.

Question 1: Can I run four receiver boxes by using the four ports?

Question 2: I just purchased a Pico Macom Tru Spec TSMS2150-4A 3X4 multi switch (40-2150 MHz). One input is "LNB A 13V/14V" and the other input is "LNB B 17V/18V". It has four outputs. It seems that each input must be connected to its own LNB, so if I simply connect either LNB to port A, and the other LNB to port B, will that correctly allow for up to four receivers?

If I'm correct, either of the above methods should allow me to run up to four receiver boxes.

Any comments?

No that switch is for D* DISH equivalents are the SW44 and SW64. Directv can't be used because of the different switching technologies between Directv and DISH. You could use that multiswitch to give you 4 inputs from 119 or 110 but not both.

Question 1: Can I run four receiver boxes by using the four ports?
No - unless you want partial programming on each set of receivers.

Dish 500 with 2 Legacy Dual LNBF's, peaked at 119 and 110 locations.

- One cable to each receiver will give 2 receivers 119, and 2 other receivers 110.
- One cable from each LNBF to a SW-21 will feed 1 receiver with 119 and 110.
- You can then feed a second receiver using another SW-21 and the 2 vacant LNBF ports.

What model receivers are you trying to run?

It might be easier to get a dp quad or if you are trying to run 2 dual tuner boxes you could go with a dpp twin & a couple of seperators

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts