Multiswitch problems for a newbie

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mdgawlik

Original poster
Sep 30, 2005
I have a dual lnb dish and three receivers. I have a 2x4 multiswitch that I attached the dual lnb cables to. I ran the cables from the output of the multiswitch and put on one receiver a diplexor. So far and no signal.

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong? Each receiver will need a diplexor, so that makes three diplxors, right? Do I have to have all three diplexirs connected before I see a picture? What do I do for the last remaing output on the multiswitch? Do I have to connect the antenna or cable tv sides to the multiswitch or the diplexors if I do not use an antenna or cable tv?

Thank you for any and all help.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys,

Does your multi-switch have an antenna input? If not, then each receiver would need 2 diplexers. One to diplex the other to un-diplex :cool:
I would run the cable directly to the receiver, bypassing the switch and the diplexer to make sure your satellite signal is working.

Thank you for the possible solution. I have a Terk brand 2x4 multiswitch. There is an input for an antenna, but I do not have an antenna. How would I hook it up then?

Satellite signal is working if I bypass the multiswitch and duplexers all together.

If you do not have an antenna, there is no need for a diplexer at the receiver end. Just hook the receiver directly to one of the outputs on the multi-switch. Does the Terk multi-switch you have require a separate power supply?

mdgawlik said:
Thank you for the possible solution. I have a Terk brand 2x4 multiswitch. There is an input for an antenna, but I do not have an antenna. How would I hook it up then?

Satellite signal is working if I bypass the multiswitch and duplexers all together.

If you've got no signal with the multiswitch & diplexer, but do have it without either in the line then try it using just the multiswitch. If you don't have signal with the lines running through the multiswitch only, then the multiswitch is bad.

Thank you for all of the help. I am sheepish to say that I had the inputs and outputs on the multiswitch backwards. Works fine now. I still learned from the posts, though.

mdgawlik said:
Thank you for all of the help. I am sheepish to say that I had the inputs and outputs on the multiswitch backwards. Works fine now. I still learned from the posts, though.

Douh! Nice move Homer! Just kidding, glad to hear you got it sorted out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)