Multiswitch question

CopperDesigno

Original poster
Dec 7, 2004
Power

On the multiswitch, do you need a 110v power source for runs under a 100 feet. Is that 100 feet per run off the switch to the receivers or is it 100 feet all together?

Thanks

I don't know yet? I am getting Dish Network through SBC and I want to have the outlets wired into the attic. My problem is that I have no electrical outlets up there, just light sockets. I can wire in a outlet box before the switch for the lights, but if the multi switch doesn't need power, then I won't bother.

The short answer: whatever switch is part of the standard install of the DVR522 and a Dish301 package.

Thanks

CopperDesigno said:
I don't know yet? I am getting Dish Network through SBC and I want to have the outlets wired into the attic. My problem is that I have no electrical outlets up there, just light sockets. I can wire in a outlet box before the switch for the lights, but if the multi switch doesn't need power, then I won't bother.

The short answer: whatever switch is part of the standard install of the DVR522 and a Dish301 package.

Thanks
Just a note they make adapters that fit in light sockets to make them outlets. Only catch is you'd have to leave the lights on all the time.

Ya, that was my first thought until my light bulb came on telling me my attic lights would be on all the time. I may use this a temporary solution until I can wire the real outlet. I would not run any bulbs in the other light socket, just the adapter in the one I am using for the switch.
Thanks

Aren't DISH multiswitches like Directv multiswitches and use RG-6 to run from an AC adapter to the switch?

The dish switches (I have an SW64) have a power inserter that is installed at the receiver end of the RG-6 going to port one of the multiswitch. It has an AC adaptor that plugs into an outlet where the receiver is located. You do not need 110v power at the switch location.

The DPP44 has a power inserter that connects to the coax near the receiver, the coax goes to input 1 of the switch. All other DP gear is fully powered by the receiver itself.

ok im having a problem with a pansat 2500a i have 2 dishes with 2 lnb's im trying to hook up the 110 & the 119 horizontal's & vertical's im using a 4x1 switch and its all not comming in i want to get a 6x4 which i can set up 3 dishes with 2 lnb's on them but i cant find them and i cant get all the channels in can anyone help me?????

havingabeer said:
ok im having a problem with a pansat 2500a i have 2 dishes with 2 lnb's im trying to hook up the 110 & the 119 horizontal's & vertical's im using a 4x1 switch and its all not comming in i want to get a 6x4 which i can set up 3 dishes with 2 lnb's on them but i cant find them and i cant get all the channels in can anyone help me?????
I might be able to help you if you find the shift, comma, and period keys on your keyboard. :no

Sorry about that last message, I've been working on it all week and am very frustrated. Currently I am using a pansat 2500a box with 2 dishes and 2 lnb's along with a pansat 4X1 switch. The problem is that I am trying to hook up the 110 and 119 satellite's horizontal and vertical signals, however all the channels that should be coming in aren't. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Ultimately I would like to get a 6X4 switch and set up 3 dishes with 2 lnb's on them, but I don't know where to purchase them. Again any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Correct - we don't help hackers, but apparently, he's trying to use FSS LNBs (because he's talking about horizontal/vertical). I don't know what FSS signals are at 110 & 119.

However, without knowing which transponders are involved, I can't help.

when i spoke to the company i purchased the box from, thay told me that thay were totally legal. As a matter of fact they are as legal as putting an antenna on your house to pick up the local channels. there is no programing or altering the box. It is free to air as is the antenna you put on your house.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts