Multiswitch question.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stangflyer

Original poster
Sep 3, 2005
I have the four receivers in townhouse right now. All d10's. Just got the hr10-250. Have not hooked up the hr10-250 yet. I have 2 of the d10's on my hd tv so I can run split screen. I do not have a OTA antenna with NO possibility of installing one right now. My questions are. 1. If I want to have my hr-250 do dual tuner but also leave one of the d10's so that I can still watch split screen while recording a third show I assume I will need a 5x8 multiswitch because i will be effectively be running 5 receivers. (Two bedrooms, the d10 for the split screen and the 2 for the hr10-250 dvr.) Now will I need diplexers after the multiswitch connections if I have NO ota connections needed. It looks to me that the diagrams I see for the multiswitches have diplexers on them so that you can have the ota antenna and the triple lnb dish with the four lines on the front side. But I do not need to combine the signal with diplexers because I have no ota. Is this correct? :confused: I have a headache. :) Also an unrelated question. If my hr10-250 is using the hdmi do any of the other video outputs work? :confused: I do know that you cannot watch split screen from the hr10-250 on its own.

If you don't have an OTA antenna, you will not need diplexers. As for the HDMI connector, when an HDMI cable is plugged into it, the Y-Pb-Pr outputs are disabled, but the SD A/V outputs are still active, IIRC.

stangflyer said:
Also an unrelated question. If my hr10-250 is using the hdmi do any of the other video outputs work? :confused: I do know that you cannot watch split screen from the hr10-250 on its own.
As Newshawk said, the component output is disabled when using HDMI - the composite/S-video can output a signal at the same time as HDMI or component BUT ONLY IF THE OUTPUT IS SET TO 480i, i.e., the HR10-250 cannot output SD and HD simultaneously.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DVR and ratings limits

Installation Problem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)