MultiView

yelraek

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 28, 2006
Talladega, Alabama
Do you need a 4K TV for MultiView to work correctly? I have a standard Samsung 1080i and I have multi problems trying to use MultiView.

I try using MultiView mostly when viewing the 4 network channels. (ABC NBC CBS FOX) It works good sometimes but when I try to watch a recorded show and stop it MultiView hangs. Sometimes one of the 4 screens stays black. Today when I was watching a show on NBC after I had selected it full screen from the MultiView using the select button I used the channel up/down button to change channels. The receiver rebooted. Could this be an issue with just using the network channels in MultiView?

I try using MultiView mostly when viewing the 4 network channels. (ABC NBC CBS FOX) It works good sometimes but when I try to watch a recorded show and stop it MultiView hangs. Sometimes one of the 4 screens stays black. Today when I was watching a show on NBC after I had selected it full screen from the MultiView using the select button I used the channel up/down button to change channels. The receiver rebooted. Could this be an issue with just using the network channels in MultiView?
I tried what you did and I have no problems-no black screens-no reboots mine works fine.You must be one of the unlucky ones,wait a few if you still have the problem it might be replacement time to fix it....

I tried what you did and I have no problems-no black screens-no reboots mine works fine.You must be one of the unlucky ones,wait a few if you still have the problem it might be replacement time to fix it....

My H3 was one of the first installed. I received it 2/2/2016 so I have had it for a while and it has the latest software, U309. You did not try it long enough.

My H3 was one of the first installed. I received it 2/2/2016 so I have had it for a while and it has the latest software, U309. You did not try it long enough.
Your probably right but I don't have that much use for it,i used it during the NCAA with no problems that was handy.NBA coming up might use it then to.....

I have been experiencing the exact same problems that you describe with multiview. I am on u309. Usually I have to reboot to fix it nearly everyday that i use multiview. Now i only use it if i really need to. The software still needs a lot of refinement. Not a hardware problem. We are all beta testing the h3 for dish right now...

I have been experiencing the exact same problems that you describe with multiview. I am on u309. Usually I have to reboot to fix it nearly everyday that i use multiview. Now i only use it if i really need to. The software still needs a lot of refinement. Not a hardware problem. We are all beta testing the h3 for dish right now...

Same here. I have to reboot every time I use MultiView to clear up the issues. I don't use it now because of the issues.

Firmware upgrade 309 fixed the multiview on my Samsung 4K TV, but now i get random black screen which only be fix by turning the Hopper3 off or hitting the Sat button on the remote

I believe I understand what is happening with the Multi View now. I was using Multi View just now when all of a sudden the 4 screens flashed and went blank. A few seconds later 3 of the screens came back and 1 of them stayed black. I checked the screen activity and a remote user was there using the screen that was blank. So it seems that DishAnywhere messes with Multi View. This is just my observation, anyone else have any ideas?

I have a question for you MultiView users: On the new 52.0 remote, are there any shortcuts to invoke, control, or close MultiView mode? Something like the PiP, Swap, and Size buttons on the old remotes?

I can tolerate Options -> Picture in Picture -> MultiView to get into this mode, but having to press that many buttons to swap or position or close is an operational pain.

Has anyone found any shortcuts?

I have a question for you MultiView users: On the new 52.0 remote, are there any shortcuts to invoke, control, or close MultiView mode? Something like the PiP, Swap, and Size buttons on the old remotes?

I can tolerate Options -> Picture in Picture -> MultiView to get into this mode, but having to press that many buttons to swap or position or close is an operational pain.

Has anyone found any shortcuts?

Once MV has been started you can use the Input on the left side of the remote for some features.

I believe I understand what is happening with the Multi View now. I was using Multi View just now when all of a sudden the 4 screens flashed and went blank. A few seconds later 3 of the screens came back and 1 of them stayed black. I checked the screen activity and a remote user was there using the screen that was blank. So it seems that DishAnywhere messes with Multi View. This is just my observation, anyone else have any ideas?
That sounds correct. PIP and DishAnywhere share one of the receiver's decoders. Multi view is most likely an extension of PIP, doing 4 decodes at the same time. So it's perfectly reasonable to assume DishAnywhere would take over one decoder. It kind of sucks that's the way it's designed, especially if DishAnywhere overrides what the local user sees. It would be nice is a message was displayed BEFORE stealing the decoder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)