MundoFox

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ejb1980

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Vermont
I see a banner in the guide for a program on MundoFox, attached to the national feed of Univision. It instructs you to "cunsulto ti programición local. No está disponible en todas la áreas." The banner links to *9981 and only mentions checking locals again at the end of the ad. Considering that not many markets have MundoFox and even fewer are on Directv since some are LP/CD/LD channels, it seems odd that they would advertise this. My "market" has MundoFox on WFXZ-CD and Directv doesn't carry it. I have seen somewhere, perhaps the other site, that a MundoFox On-Demand was testing. Will that be national? Are they trying to gauge interest because surely some people will call and ask? Could a national feed be in the works?

I have seen somewhere, perhaps the other site, that a MundoFox On-Demand was testing. Will that be national?
Yes that is correct, it was still in testing as of 1/28 on channel 1022. There were some other networks VOD in testing status also: FOX (1011), Fox Sports 1 (1219), FXX (1259), Telemundo (1406), NBC Universo (1410), CNN en Español (1419), FOX Deportes (1425) and Univision Deportes (1455).

Remember none of these will show up yet until they officially go live. We can only "hope" that the content will be available in HD. :)

I'm not 100% certain if these will be national or not but I doubt they would limit the content to certain markets, so essentially yes most likely. I'm not aware of them doing so with any of the other VOD. Some of course would require you be subscribed to the respective package levels or international add-ons that the normal channel is included in.

Mundo Fox is not international so I hope it's not available only in that package! Telemundo national feeds aren't international either and they are so... Who knows?

Yes that is correct, it was still in testing as of 1/28 on channel 1022. There were some other networks VOD in testing status also: FOX (1011), Fox Sports 1 (1219), FXX (1259), Telemundo (1406), NBC Universo (1410), CNN en Español (1419), FOX Deportes (1425) and Univision Deportes (1455).

Remember none of these will show up yet until they officially go live. We can only "hope" that the content will be available in HD. :)

I'm not 100% certain if these will be national or not but I doubt they would limit the content to certain markets, so essentially yes most likely. I'm not aware of them doing so with any of the other VOD. Some of course would require you be subscribed to the respective package levels or international add-ons that the normal channel is included in.

Nice catch on these future new VOD channels !!!.... Is there a thread that discusses DirecTV's VOD channels ?.... I'm interested in following it.... Thanks !

Can people with a SL3 dish and no local Unimas "see" Unimas On-Demand on ch 1408? That would be the only case I can think of that would limit it.

Can people with a SL3 dish and no local Unimas "see" Unimas On-Demand on ch 1408? That would be the only case I can think of that would limit it.
I tried it for you, I have only an SL3. I cannot tune channel 408, not available. I can tune 1408, was able to download and view on-demand programming from it.

Reactions: ejb1980
Nice catch on these future new VOD channels !!!.... Is there a thread that discusses DirecTV's VOD channels ?.... I'm interested in following it.... Thanks !

No real thread following it, they don't change often. General info though, any channel number add a 1 to the front to access their on demand (except locals, which vary using 1002, 1004, 1007, and eventually 1013 when Fox launches). Also, channels that have on demand available will have a little plus sign on the upper right corner on the left side of the guide where the call letters are.

Nice catch on these future new VOD channels !!!
Another new one for this week!
GSN On Demand (1233) is now in testing status as well!! :) (This one was not in testing last week) The others mentioned above previously remain in testing status, in addition there are a few others that have been testing for a while. (See my post below)

Last edited:
I do want to add that I have been examining the records and a few of these have been in testing for a very long time, including Hallmark (1312), Weather Channel (1362), NBC Universo (listed as mun2 1410), and Telemundo (1406) On Demand. Some have been testing for over a year, Hallmark Channel VOD for example. I don't remember exactly, but according to my records Weather Channel (1362) VOD was actually live back in 2013; I believe it was pulled around the time of the dispute and since then it went back in testing status only.

This week the record now shows two separate test entries for 1410 since they rebranded; mun2 and NBC Universo. So, NBC Universo is new but mun2 has been there for a while.

Last edited:
I do want to add that I have been examining the records and a few of these have been in testing for a very long time, including Hallmark (1312), Weather Channel (1362), NBC Universo (listed as mun2 1410), and Telemundo (1406) On Demand. Some have been testing for over a year, Hallmark Channel VOD for example. I don't remember exactly, but according to my records Weather Channel (1362) VOD was actually live back in 2013; I believe it was pulled around the time of the dispute and since then it went back in testing status only.

This week the record now shows two separate test entries for 1410 since they rebranded; mun2 and NBC Universo. So, NBC Universo is new but mun2 has been there for a while.

Good info. Any guesses (preferably educated!) as to why they would be testing for so long? How do you see what's testing?

Good info. Any guesses (preferably educated!) as to why they would be testing for so long? How do you see what's testing?
Not really sure tbh, maybe there allowed to test them in the anticipation of an upcoming contract renewal that would allow them to add it and they just want to be prepared -- well in advance? I look at the weekly transponder spreadsheets (from the "other" site) to see what is in testing.

On Demand now Live:
NBC Universo on Demand
http://news.directv.com/2015/02/11/...anguage-entertainment-on-nbc-universo-ch-410/

On Demand still in testing status (not available to customer):
FOX On Demand
MundoFOX On Demand
FOX Sports 1 On Demand
GSN On Demand
FXX On Demand
Hallmark On Demand
Weather Channel On Demand
Telemundo On Demand
CNN en Espanol On Demand
FOX Deportes On Demand
Univision Deportes On Demand