muscle cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

trey

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 2, 2004
SC
The wild and powerful muscle cars.:D I like the Shelby GT500,:cool: anyone else have any favorites?

1967ShelbyGT500LimeGreen-3.jpg

triangle.jpg

bakers_ta.jpg

SD 455 T/A

0-60 5.4 seconds

No pictures, but my best friend, now deceased, loved cars. When we got out of the service he bought a 1965 Avanti, supercharged, automatic. I remember 2 rides. 150 MPH on about 1/2 straightaway near North Turkey Creek turnoff on US285 in the mountains west of Denver. Passed a Sheriff patrolman on the side of the road. My friend cranked it down and several miles later the patrolman pulled us over and asked for a ride. The other was on West 6th on western edge of Denver. A AC Cobra asked for a race At the Jeffco fairgrounds light. My friend agreed, at a starting speed of 30 (thats about the speed the supercharger would engage). The supercharger released us from the seats at about 90--we no longer could see the AC Cobras tail lights--now that was a muscle car.

I love the Dodge Chargers and also like the Challenger, Nova, and Chevelle although I'm more of a mopar man and would have to say the Charger is my favorite followed by the Challenger and then the other two.

Funny seeing that SD; the SD T/A was my 1st car, now my toy is a 1997 WS6 T/A. I hated my stint in a state that forces that stupid dual license plate system. Once I got to Phoenix it was easier to just put on another plate. After the factory plate mount is added you are screwed.

Attachments

• i-3_B_L.jpg
    i-3_B_L.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 168
  • trans am front.jpg
    trans am front.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 155
My favorite muscle car is my avatar. 1968 Plymouth Sport Satellite (sister to the GTX) I totaly restored the car in 1983, and she only gets out of the garage on sunny days. 383 magnum engine still running strong. Got to love those ol' mopars.

We had a 66 Mustang, but had to sell it, when I find some pictures of it, I'll share.

The Studebaker Avanti and Lark with the supercharged V8s were the ultimate sleepers of their day. :)

avanti_r2.jpg

More extrovert were the cars of American Motors. :cool:

70javad.jpg

:D
six.jpg

1970%20Mercury%20Cyclone%20GT.jpg

I have one of these, but mine looks like crap, is rusted out, the steering is broke, and it hasn't run in four years.

1969 SCRambler A color scheme I will post a pic when I find it. I found the magazine article. Finding the picture of ours will take longer.

lol Its funny. You all made me do a search and there is a SCRambler on EBay.

Attachments

• Scrambler.jpg
    Scrambler.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 604
After the Scrambler & Machine, the final performance special AMC did was the rare 1971 S/C 360 Hornet. :cool:

sc360_pr_pic.jpg

The Barracuda E body shape was very nice. :D

barracuda25bb.jpg

barracuda124md.jpg

Into the late 70s the Dodge Magnum XE looked pretty tough and could be optioned with a 400 as late as 1978. :eek:

Attachments

• DodgeMagnum1.jpg
    DodgeMagnum1.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 168
  • DodgeMagnum2.jpg
    DodgeMagnum2.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 192
I always wanted a four speed '66 Chevelle with a aluminum 427 engine.
Here is what I have instead. 1940 Olds with a warmed up big block coupled to a turbo 400 tranny with a 2500 stall. I found her behind a barn in '93 and did all the body and powertrain work myself. Only took me 7 years.:)

Attachments

• DCP_0550.jpg
    DCP_0550.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 213
  • DCP_1601.jpg
    DCP_1601.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 198
charper1 said:
the SD T/A was my 1st car, now my toy is a 1997 WS6 T/A.

Nice T/A! Here's my baby...my 2002 Trans-Am Firehawk (#202 of 1,501) :D
show1b.jpg

More pics and info here: http://www.fbodyaddict.com/carofmonth/nov03/

I've always been a huge Firebird fan...and I finally got my first T/A in 2000, which was also black. I really wanted a ram-air, but couldnt afford one at first. By the time they announced the end of Firebird production in 2002, though, I had fallen in love with the Hawks, and managed to get one ordered (Firehawks are custom-order only) and took delivery in October of 2001. Longest three months of my life waiting for that car to arrive after ordering it!

My ultimate goal though? To have a new Corvette parked right beside the Hawk someday! :yes

My favorites are late 60's and early 70's Mopars. 68 -70 or 71 Plymouth Road Runer's and GTX's, 68 - 71 Dodge Chargers and Cornet Super Bee's, Early 70's Dodge Challengers and Plymouth Baricuda's and early 70's Plymouth Dusters (especially 340 models), Dodge Demons and late 60's early 70's Dart GTS's are some of my favorites. Chrysler products went down hill after that until the late 90's, I feel the Chrysler group is coming back now with some great modern day mustle cars like the Chrysler 300 C (especially the SRT-8 version), Dodge Magnum R/T and SRT8, and coming soon the return of the Dodge Charger.

Ahh Muscle Cars...Ones I have owned. :D :D :D

65 Olds Cutlass F85 330 ci. 4 sp. Spent 3 months fixing it up and wrecked it a month after my 16th B-day. :eek:

68 Olds 442 400 ci. 4 sp. One of my favorites. Dark Green, black interior, manual steering and brakes. Front bench seat ;) :D. A real sleeper.

70 Olds 442 455 ci. Auto (Hurst dual gate shifter). Silver with black vinyl top. Fast!

67 Plymoth GTX 440 ci (Super Comando) Auto. Black with white interior. One of the most powerful cars I have ever driven. Streetable car that would run the 1/4 in low 12 second range.

68 Camero SS 396 ci. Auto. Ice blue metalic, blue interior. Nice car but never could get the performance out of it that it should have had. Sold to nephew who wrecked it.

Other cars - Not Muscle but fun!

65 Triumph Spitfire 4 cyl. 4 sp. Not very fast but fun to drive. Not a good car to own in Oregon.

77 Trans Am. 6.6 Auto. Goldenrod Yellow. Fun to drive grocery getter.

75 Corvette 350 ci 4 sp. Was fun to drive but don't ever want another one.

78 Trans Am - See Avitar. Much faster than my 77 and sadly, the only one I still own. Doh! :(

NightRyder

My favorite would have to be an Olds 442, but that's mainly because my Dad owns a 70 442 W-30 convertible. All stock except Daytona 500 racing engine :cool:.

My second favorite would have to be the Shelby Mustangs. I went to the Barrett Jackson auction this year and OMG! The cars there were incredible. Seeing so many mint GT500's in one spot is unreal.

The American Motors V8 design had the fuel pump under the rocker covers if memory serves, which made access a bit inconvenient.

1968 AMX
68amx121.jpg

1974 AMX 401
javamx_74.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts