Music Choice..should CV get another music provider?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

fedupwithcablevision590

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 26, 2007
What is everyone's opinion on the music choice channels?
I noticed that the dish companies have partnered with a satellite radio company (like Dish and Siruis). I think it would be a good idea to add siruis to cablevision, even if the sirius subscription fee is charged. The sirius radios still cost alot to get still, and most are car units.
Music Choice seems to be lacking...variety at times. Their playlists could be deeper (and used to be), and there should be more channels. Considering Sirius, XM, muzak, and DMX offer well over 60 channels of music, music choice only offers about 45, 5 of which are a waste, 4 for spanish music, and 1 relaying radio disney.
Folks who have dish network both have access to muzak channels and siruis in the higher packages. There was a time when DMX provided music on many cable systems, this was before the digital cable, but I remember TCI Brookhaven cable (now cablevision) used to have DMX avail through a seperate box.
I wish Cablevision would switch from the music choice to DMX though, you can go to the DMX website (www.dmxmusic.com) and see their impressive line-up of channels. I think they even offer a real time playlist.
Music Choice has a few channels that are not carried on cable, and are available only via satellite, they are contemporary instrumentals and adult Top 40.

Last edited:
It would be nice for them to add XM and Sirius...and just charge a light fee and you get to choose between the two or maybe both.

Me, I'm fine with MusicChoice, the only music channel I listen to is Smooth Jazz when I want to relax. Sometimes the kids listen to Radio Disney.

I'm looking for ways to REDUCE my cable bill, not increase it.

Kind of strange question...But does anyone know if the Music Choice channels are broadcast in 16x9? On our LCD, the graphics come up larger than a standard 4x3 area. Just curious, thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)