Must be family heirloom

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Greysquirrel

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
Found a Primestar dish on a piece of commercial property with 3 boarded up houses on it, the property belongs to the widow of a multimillionaire of a fruit packing plant, orchard and trucking company and her son controls it all.
I went out to the business which is on about a 100 acres and told the woman that opened the locked security door what I wanted and was told the widow was there but her son was in a meeting and they would have to discuss it. Discuss it, it's only an old sat dish, anyhow I was to call back and I felt sure they would not want this old dish but I was wrong when I called back the secretary said she talked to the son and he said NO.
What this guy that owns half the county needs or wants this old dish is beyond me but he does own it and can do with it whatever he wants.
Really thought I had a good shot at this one but I was wrong.

me , too

I mentioned I wanted a Primestar to a buddy of mine.
(he actually runs the local Radio Shack store)
He asked an old retired installer he knows.
One is now in the pipeline to me.
Just don't know which model.

It pays to put the word out. :up

I just got on today from a guy next door, he had it behind the garage, So I ask's him he said no problem. I just need to look up a mod kit, since I think I have change some stuff on it.

... I just need to look up a mod kit, since I think I have change some stuff on it.
You might read some of the Primestar threads here, before you go crazy or spend a lot of money.
Even start your own thread with some pictures...
The LNB and horn it comes with are usually fine.
Only if you want to lighten it to put it on a motor, would you need to remove the heavy mount.

My job takes me in and out of the city so when I'm in the city I look around, older neighborhoods are the best. So far I have found 11 Primestars, 4 on roofs which I wont bother with 3 in front of empty boarded up houses and 4 at others. I stopped by the one house cause the guy was out and I asked him about the dish and he said take it. I'm gonna have to call someone at city hall about the ones at the boarded up houses, dont want to get in trouble over an old dish.

Found a 90cm Primestar years back in the garbage, it works fine using it on G-16. Looking for another one to use with G10 just haven't had any luck on another one. I can purchase a 1 meter Prodelin commercial dish with heaters built in from one of my contacts but I want to keep this install simple. I may just get a 90cm Geosat or Fortec. I really would like to find a Primestar 84-e that would be killer.

Last edited:
Found a 90cm Primestar years back in the garbage, it works fine using it on G-16. Looking for another one to use with G10 just haven't had any luck on another one. I can purchase a 1 meter Prodelin commercial dish with heaters built in from one of my contacts but I want to keep this install simple. I may just get a 90cm Geosat or Fortec. I really would like to find a Primestar E-85 that would be killer.

Are you using that on G16 for KU?

Also ask real estate agents. Alot of people buying and selling homes want old junk removed from the property and will give away lots of things that are worthless to them, and in fact sometimes have to pay people to haul away sheds, dishes, engines, lumber, just about anything you could imagine that someone either leaves behind, or doesn't want to leave behind.

i think i would have straped them to a pallet X2 or X4 and sold them in lots. but i agree shipping would have been costly even in a box. here in this area its not hard to come by cardboard stock so a bundle of 4X4 sheets are often found

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Help designing labels for pole

31" dish prices

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)