Must I have internet to purchase movies?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jaybird28

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
Seattle
I know I have to be connected to the internet to have On-Demand but must I be hooked up to internet just to purchase a movie. We watched a movie on her Xmas HDDVR back in December without any problem but yesterday she tried to watch "Yes Man" and it wouldn't play. Called Custoner Service and they said things have changed and we need internet for both On Demand and current pay per view movies. Is this true??

Not sure what you mean. I've never had Internet hooked up downstairs and have had no problem getting PPV. I'm wondering if Direct is now requiring Internet hook-up to get PPV's and On-Demand? Thats what Customer Service impyed

Some PPVs are now watch within 24 hour videos.

I thought they ALL were now ....

Meaning if you set it to record on the DVR you have 24 hr's to watch it.

I don't order to many PPV's, but know that I won't order ANY if I'm not ready to watch it right away, now.

I have never heard of you having to be hooked to internet to order PPV. I am pretty sure it uses the phone line for ordering. Try checking your phone connection to the receiver. If you have internet hooked to the receiver, then run a test to make sure it's connected.

I have never heard of you having to be hooked to internet to order PPV. I am pretty sure it uses the phone line for ordering. Try checking your phone connection to the receiver. If you have internet hooked to the receiver, then run a test to make sure it's connected.

You need a phone line to the rec. if you want to use the remote to order.

Other options, Order online thru D*'s website, free.
Call the PPV order in .... service charge,I think it's $ 5.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)