Must test signal strength to get picture

Status
Please reply by conversation.

salus

Original poster
Feb 20, 2006
Often but not always, when I switch to a channel that is on a different satellite, there is no picture and a message that either programming is unavailable in my area or I need to subscribe (to channels I normally receive). I have learned that by testing the satellite signal strength, which always shows 95+ for 101 and 75+ for 110 and 119, for both SAT 1 and 2, that the picture comes on as soon as I switch back to live TV. This mostly happens when switching to sats 110 and 119 from 101 but sometimes occurs when going to 101. It happens rain or shine but not always. Sometimes I have noticed that after some minutes, if I do nothing, the picture will appear on its own. The situation is really a nuisance.

My setup is 3LNB, two cables from dish connecting to multiswitch, with cables out to HD10-250 DVR and an SD D*/Tivo. I also have an OTA coming into the multiswitch, but this problem occurred before I connected the OTA this way. OTA reception is not affected by this problem.

Any insights welcome.

you need all 4 from the Phase III dish to the multiswitch or it won't work. Its probably just picking up 101

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)