Check Your Picture Quality?

Blackloz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
Minot,ND
On Monday I installed a new LG G2 and ever since then every time I turn on the tv I’m seeing a message to check my picture quality settings to make sure I’m getting the highest resolution. Why am I seeing this message? It’s coming from the HR44 and not the tv. I moved my Samsung QN90B upstairs but back when I got that tv in October I never saw this message, only now. I hit “Remind Me Later” and it keeps popping up every time I turn on the tv. I have the resolution set to 1080i and that hasn’t changed in over 10 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That happens to me as well, with an HR54 connected to a Denon receiver. Doesn’t happen all the time though — just occasionally. Haven’t been able to figure out a reason.

Reactions: ejb1980
That happens to me as well, with an HR54 connected to a Denon receiver. Doesn’t happen all the time though — just occasionally. Haven’t been able to figure out a reason.

Glad I am not the only one. My TV/Denon/Directv situation creates this message occasionally as well. However, occasionally when it does this, it is because the TV or something changed the resolution and the HR44 (in my case) has been set back to only show SD channels (480i is the only one checked.) I remember you used to be able to press the info button or something for a few seconds and it would automatically change to the proper resolution but it doesn't seem to work anymore.

That’s quite the coincidence as in addition to the G2 I also hooked up a new Denon X4800H and have all 7 components running through the Denon via HDMI and nothing hooked up directly to the TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back when I had DTV I would get that message after the picture would automatically downscale to 480. I’d imagine it’s a hardware issue.