Picture Quality: DTV vs Dish

Sports ,less channel disputes , and good customer loyalty discounts

I know u said dont count sports but last year alone I got :
Half off MLB EI
Half off NBA LP
And free NFL ST

I mean not even a cable co would offer those great discount for being a loyal customer. And NO I don't work for D* or att.

O yea and 4K sports !

I heard E*/dish has better equipment but I have no issues with my genie 2 .

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Justy5 and Jimbo
I even called last Sunday (super bowl Sunday) mid day , all I said was my promo is expiring soon ... (did not threaten 2 cancel or anything) boom ok I can continue your $xx off for 12 months .

On a Sunday!!

Yea I don't think ill get that from cable or any other provider!!

YMMV

I have heard E* has better equipment (dvrs etc).
But I have heard D* has better PQ ..

I have never compared to E* but I did compare D* to my local cable co and DirecTV won hands down !!

I even called last Sunday (super bowl Sunday) mid day , all I said was my promo is expiring soon ... (did not threaten 2 cancel or anything) boom ok I can continue your $xx off for 12 months .

On a Sunday!!

Yea I don't think ill get that from cable or any other provider!!

Dish does that or will drop $35 a month for a year when the contract has expired

I'd imagine that when you're losing about 5 million subscribers per year, they'll do extreme things to keep the customers they have left
I mean that same concept can be applied to the cable cos...

Off topic but im getting charged an insane rate of $120 for horific broadband from the docsis company (since no fiber in my area ...) .

But in areas where FTTH fiber broadband is available they charge half $65

So yea any company can offer promos if they want to...

Off topic but im getting charged an insane rate of $120 for horific broadband from the docsis company (since no fiber in my area ...) .

Unfortunately , in my case, I looked into the Fiber option in my area, local Cable Co is having it run for the last month or so.
When I checked with them about Fiber for internet, they said that I can change at any time .... (I have 100 mb at the moment on copper) they told me that the same service would cost me double from what I am paying.
So much for better DEALS with Fiber coming.

Sports ,less channel disputes , and good customer loyalty discounts

I know u said dont count sports but last year alone I got :
Half off MLB EI
Half off NBA LP
And free NFL ST

I mean not even a cable co would offer those great discount for being a loyal customer. And NO I don't work for D* or att.

O yea and 4K sports !

I heard E*/dish has better equipment but I have no issues with my genie 2 .

They gave me the premiere pack for 126.00
Genie 2 upgrade no charge faulty hr 54
Free backlit remotes
The third mini at no charge just for calling in and making a reps day and asking em if dtv was giving out any Xmas cheer and calling the lease fees extortion fees:biggrin
Got the 7.00 mirror fees waived for the first year on the two extra minis.
You just have to know how to negotiate :):clapping

Reactions: dtv757
Why do I like dtv over Dish Mericans in retention dept. And I can pay my bill at an att store still unlike dish. And we don't have to deal with elchepo Charlie loosing channels!!!

Reactions: Justy5

While cell companies are screaming 5g is coming. In reality very few have it.. they might as well start rolling out 6g at the rates there going

Unfortunately , in my case, I looked into the Fiber option in my area, local Cable Co is having it run for the last month or so.
When I checked with them about Fiber for internet, they said that I can change at any time .... (I have 100 mb at the moment on copper) they told me that the same service would cost me double from what I am paying.
So much for better DEALS with Fiber coming.
Last time I had fiber ran it was 3.00 a foot plus a charge for them to install it. The cost was insane

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts