Must they install THEIR antenna?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Bierboy

Original poster
May 25, 2004
East Moline, Ill.
Quick question - if you order VOOM, must you install their antenna :mad: ? I already have a great OTA HD setup, and I don't want anybody screwing with it.

Sure, you can keep your old antenna. The installers will be happy to leave it alone and only install a new dish. That was my experience, anyway. I already had a good antenna with a rotor in place. The installers said they got paid the same, but had less work to do. They did leave me with the Stealth and associated amplierfiers, because I'm "entitled" to it as a Voom subscriber, and because Voom might ask for it back if I ever canceled. (I stashed the Stealth, still in its box, in the back of a bedroom closet.)

Thanks. That's what I figured, but, before I made any moves, just wanted to check. It makes sense they'd leave well enough alone. From what I've read on this and other forums, their antenna setups have really been hit or miss.

Yes, they have been hit or miss. But if you are getting good OTA with your old setup, you should get good reception if you use that same antenna with Voom. I had been using a 2.5 year-old Mitsubishi box for D*, and when I plugged the old antenna into the new Voom box, I found I got the same channels as before, but reception was more stable, channels were a little easier to tune, the antenna did not have to be pointed quite so exactly in the right direction, etc.. OTA tuners seem to have improved -- or at least Voom's is an improvement on my old Mitsu box.

Bierboy said:
Quick question - if you order VOOM, must you install their antenna :mad: ? I already have a great OTA HD setup, and I don't want anybody screwing with it.

what antenna do you have i have no luck with this stealth :eek:

I'm using a Channel Master 4221, four bay since all my HDs are UHF. It's on a 25 foot mast with rotor. I'm only about 20 miles from the antenna farm, though, so I don't have any reception problems. I'm splitting the feed to my Sammy SIR-T151, and to my antenna B coax jack on my Hitachi 51UWX20B. That way I get my HDs through the STB plus I can get my OTA analog stations if the cable goes out. And, with the rotor, I'm picking up some fringe OTA analogs about 40-50 miles out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)