muuhahahaha Dish is hilarious

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ehren

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 8, 2006
Wisconsin
I asked about Phoenix/Chicago on NHL Center Ice in HD from CSN-Chicago HDTV and this is what I got back

Thanks for not showing Phoenix/Chicago in HD on NHL Center Ice channel 546, you only have the game in SD and it looks like CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your SD channels quality wise stink. Pixels all over the place. Blackhawks and CSN-Chicago finally add 11 home games this season in HD and Dish is clueless.

And Dish says...

Hello,

Thanks for the email and your interest in the NHL Network in HD. We certainly appreciate the feedback and will pass it along to our programming department for review.

Thanks

How funny!! I sent a e-mail the other day about hd or the lack of hd lately and the first thing I said was "please do not send back the standard letter where you appreciate my concerns and we will forward this to the programming dept." I actually got back a REAL e-mail with misspelled words and everything. To bad it was the same bs that I expected.

I asked about Phoenix/Chicago on NHL Center Ice in HD from CSN-Chicago HDTV and this is what I got back

Thanks for not showing Phoenix/Chicago in HD on NHL Center Ice channel 546, you only have the game in SD and it looks like CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your SD channels quality wise stink. Pixels all over the place. Blackhawks and CSN-Chicago finally add 11 home games this season in HD and Dish is clueless.

And Dish says...

Hello,

Thanks for the email and your interest in the NHL Network in HD. We certainly appreciate the feedback and will pass it along to our programming department for review.

Thanks
I have to agree with Stuart. I don't know what kind of response you're expecting to a message this poorly written.

I have to agree with Stuart. I don't know what kind of response you're expecting to a message this poorly written.
Agreed, sarcasm usually only gets you sarcasm, or no useful response at all when using the "customer is almost always right rule".

But, a nicely written one probably would not have gotten a different response 9 out of 10.

I was in a hurry, especially when your ticked why do these spell checkers always come out of the closet. UGH

I was in a hurry, especially when your ticked why do these spell checkers always come out of the closet. UGH

It's not the spelling, it's the structure, and if it's not worth your time to send a well written message, than the message isn't worth sending at all. Let's take a look at your original message:

I asked about Phoenix/Chicago on NHL Center Ice in HD CSN-Chicago HDTV
No, actually, you didn't.
from and this is what I got back

There are no questions, just complaints and insults without a request for resolution.

And Dish says...

Hello,

Look, I agree with you. I have the NHL Center Ice package, and it's an absolute joke. It's an expensive package, and very few games are carried in HD. In fact, the one Red Wings game I've had the chance to see in HD was also being carried by HDNet. Guess which channel had superior picture quality?

Anyway, here is a better way to to send the same complaint:

Dear sir or madam:

I'm writing today to express my discontent with this year's NHL Center Ice Package.

My account number is XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. I subscribe to the America's Top XXX + HD package, as well as NHL Center Ice. I have enjoyed the wide variety of HD programming that Dish Network has provided over the X years that I have been a customer, and look forward to seeing Dish Network regain superiority over DirecTV in the HD arena.

I subscribed to the NHL Center Ice package every year, and was very excited at the beginning of the season to see a corresponding NHLHD channel to every NHL channel in the package. I have been dismayed, however at the lack of games broadcast in HD. For example, this past weekend's Phoenix/Chicago game was shown only in SD, even though CSN Chicago carried the same game in HD.

As if it wasn't bad enough that most games are shown only in SD, the quality of those SD broadcasts is extremely poor. I've observed pixelation and motion artifacts on many games.

Simply put, this is not what I was expecting when I ordered the NHL Center Ice package. Between Dish, DirecTV, and Comcast, I have options when it comes to TV. Unless the Center Ice package adds additional games in HD, I plan to migrate my TV and sports subscriptions to another carrier after current contracts expire.

Please contact me by email with Dish Network's resolution to this issue.

Sincerely,

ehren
Now, I'm not saying that this letter is perfect, or that you would get any different response than the one you got. It's pretty likely you would get the same response, in fact. But when this letter got forwarded to management, it would get more attention.

Besides, you wouldn't get blasted on the internet by a**holes like me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)